1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

A Hop Eclipse Now! An explosive celebration of Dogfish's off-centered, hop-centric ales

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (630) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

My hat is off to DFH as it is the brewery that got me in craft beers. Much appreciative to Sam and his ingenious ideas. Very glad that his brewery is only 4hrs from my house and gorgeous drive. Keep up the good work and I look forward to this event coming close to me.

2. SHODriver

SHODriver Savant (455) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

too bad Drake's has Hopocalypse and Napa Smith has Hopageddon

that glass looks like it will suck ass to clean

3. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Savant (365) New York Jan 23, 2011

There are a lot more people in Florida than in New Jersey, and DFH is widely available in at least Central and South Florida. Apart from Cigar City, there isn't a lot of great Florida beer that's widely available, but DFH, Terrapin and Southern Tier are. I would expect all three to do a good amount of business there.

4. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

Just my 2 cents. Sam is one of the friendliest guys I know, in the industry. He's genuine, enthusiastic and passionate. I've had the pleasure to chill, drink and volunteer with him. Dogfish is one of my favorite breweries and will support them day in and day out. I tried the glass this week and it is a bit unusual. However, I don't fault them or Sierra for their continued innovation.
    Cheers to Sam and Ken,
    Phillip

Cubatobaco likes this.
  5. 2dogbrew

2dogbrew Savant (410) Virginia Mar 2, 2009

Big fan of Dogfish. Agreed they should bring back Squall. I found it funny when Sam picked his nose in the video (and not just once!)