1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

A little help with hair of the dog and cherry adam

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Lare453, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (750) Florida Feb 1, 2012

Hi! A little help here. I live in Florida and have gotten several Fred's, Adams and doggie claws in recent trades. I had no idea how expensive they were!

Can some one school me on what's usually available, what it takes to get some of the others and what it takes to get a cherry Adam?

I read the website and it doesn't really say much about the releases or quantities of the releases.
  2. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (680) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Fred, Adam, and blue dot are year round, more or less. Doggie claws is released annually in November. Other beers are irregular based on Alan's whims and when the beer is ready. They only make about 600 barrels of beer a year. The limited releases are usually around 100 cases of 24 12oz bottles at $10-15 per bottle
    Lare453 likes this.
  3. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Savant (405) Oregon Mar 14, 2009

Adam and Fred are generally available year-around and cost around $4.50-$5.00 per 12oz bottle, less if you buy a case from the brewery. They are distributed out of state (although limited) and get to all decent bottle shops and many good grocery stores in Oregon. Blue Dot releases about quarterly (tied to seasons) in 22oz bottles and is typically in the $6-7 range. + everything else kscaldef said.
    Lare453 likes this.
  4. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

The latest release was $14 each or $12.50 with a case discount for your reference. There must be a lot out there since people bought them by the case. It's probably a matter of upping you offer and getting flooded with BMs. However I've heard they are so tasty that most prefer to drink them than trade them. ;)
    Lare453 likes this.
  5. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

The above is true. Generally people are in line from between midnight to 6 am before the release to get cases at 11. A lot of us drive 3.5 hours from Seattle to get there very early. Most don't trade bottles except to regular traders. HotD limited releases are absolutely incredible.

Cheers
    Ryan
    ChrisPro likes this.
  6. OP I traded a Cherry Rye and a Marshall Z for a Matt and Cherry Adam. VERY happy with this trade and i hope he is as well.
    eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  7. Cherry Adam is one of the best beers I've had in recent memory, better than Cherry Rye in my estimation, and definitely worth the effort to trade for. I suppose you just need to find the right partner. In my case I found someone from Portland and I sent a Bolt Cutter, some Maine Beers, and a 4 pack of BCBS, I think, as part of a larger trade, getting back Cherry Adam and something from Block 15, Upright, and Logsdon.
  8. If anyone reading this thread has a regular Adam From the Wood FT...Hit me up.