Abyss in Texas

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Smithrob9999, Nov 21, 2012.

1. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

That looks an awful lot like an old mattress I used to have as a kid.

gtermi likes this.
  2. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I was thinking thinking the same thing! Weird

3. Dajtai007

Dajtai007 Savant (390) Texas Jan 15, 2009

It actually looks like that spray paint art from 6th Street in Austin. All I can really remember is the smell of spray paint and cheesy 80's rock on his radio.

cam_williams likes this.
  4. mmireles

mmireles Aficionado (210) Texas May 18, 2005

Hrmmm..... according to the Deschutes website on the "Find our Beers" it says D&Q Has some..

rainerschuhsler likes this.
  5. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

You know how Brandon rolls man! Gotta let the hype go down!

6. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

If you hear anything, throw me a bone. ;)

7. DanzBorin

I'm dying over here... that poster is epic Scientology! Well played!

8. mmireles

Went today to check, the beer manager wasn't there. BUT the woman I spoke with said they got a case in, but the beer manager has it hidden in the back somewhere and nobody can find it. She said she doesn't know if it's already sold or not.

I know a few years ago when Divine Reserve came out, they pulled that "you have to be on the waiting list to buy it" crap. So if he's doing that with this, I am going to raise hell and ask to speak to a manager. :mad:

9. HopAG

DO IT

10. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Dare ya!

11. thanismo

thanismo Disciple (65) Texas Oct 22, 2012

That same lady told me that He was selling it yesterday when he was there....but there are some left and he hid it because today his his day off... and she even said he's known to hide all the good beers

12. HopAG

Sounds like we have a special list in our hands...

mmireles likes this.
  13. DanzBorin

Get yours and then give me a heads up if you would. :)

14. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

That is seriously fucked up. If someone walks into a store and asks to buy it specifically, why shouldn't that person be able to buy it? Someone should really talk to the manager about that.

15. mmireles

The woman told me he'd be in tomorrow at 9AM... so i'll swing by there first thing in the morning.

apparently it's even hidden from the store manager

16. rainerschuhsler

So, did anyone go to D&Q to see if they had any?

17. HopAG

He hasn't tweeted anything

18. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (605) Texas Nov 20, 2011

The Abyss tap still flowing at Flying Saucer in SA....

[​IMG]

19. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

Maybe he stashed a case for release later this year. Like 2012 Thanksgiving?

Ford likes this.
  20. HopAG

Oh most def

21. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

I hope so, I'm off for Thanksgiving this year.

22. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

So when's the date he's going to release special beers? Gonna have to visit him every special day lol

23. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

When he feels like it I guess. Last one was on Turkey Day.

24. rainerschuhsler

I can sort of confirm this. I was at the Spec's on 290 and Jones Road tonight and the beer lady there said the Smith Street location got 10 cases and were supposed to send her one, but they sold all of it and she didn't get any.

25. Sethzilla

Sethzilla Aficionado (240) Texas Oct 10, 2012

Shaun from MM here in Denton TX txt'd today saying that they would definitely be getting Abyss tomorrow. He was reaching out to people to confirm his waiting list. I've been hearing all sorts of crazy stuff about distro this year. One of the beer guys at Specs was telling me DFW is only getting 8 cases total. At any rate, if Denton is getting it tomorrow I imagine a few other places in DFW will get it as well.

26. ext1rpate

ext1rpate Savant (290) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I'm hoping that on Saturday I can score some of this in Austin... a little bird told me where I might just find it lol

27. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

That's the thing is he doesn't always tweet when he's got interesting beers. 99% yes, but sometimes you gotta just go often and you'll find treasures.

28. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

Man, I'm really beating myself up right now. I was just home for two weeks and didn't bother to keep up with this forum and missed out on the Spec's Midtown release. The worst part is, I follow them on Twitter and somehow managed to not see that tweet. Now I'm back offshore so I will have to watch twitter and FB carefully and hopefully I can catch it at the Shell Station.

29. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Savant (405) Texas Jul 26, 2012

Apparently Hall's had some this morning, but already sold it all. Spec's Walnut Hill said they were told by Ben E. Keith they would get it today. Called at 10:30, and they didn't have it yet.

30. Mcal

Mcal Aficionado (130) Texas Jul 3, 2012

I talked to the distributor outside of Hall's. He said WF Arlington will not be getting any. Also, said Central Market employees already took them all, and there's none left to go on the shelf...

31. Philly22

Philly22 Disciple (70) Texas Jul 12, 2011

The new Whole Foods in Katy had a case. I grabbed the last one yesterday, but it means there is more floating around than just Specs.

32. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Stopped by D & Q to get Gingerbread stout and Brandon was tweeting out Abyss. First to get Abyss at D & Q. Go get it guys. He got less than a case in.

33. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (270) Texas Feb 8, 2010

Shitty if true.

34. weeks023

weeks023 Zealot (85) Texas Jan 18, 2013

Just called D & Q. He said he was out of Abyss now, but still has some Buffalo Brew Gingerbread Stout.

35. MoxJr

MoxJr Disciple (60) Texas Nov 6, 2012

wtf? dam he just tweeted like 30 min ago

36. JCDenver

Specs Dallas Walnut Hill has it. If I could get away, I'd be up there. Four bottles left as of 1pmish.

37. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (430) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Whole Foods did get a case and at least some people got bottles from CM Fort Worth (me). Talking to the route driver or his assistant even the sales guy is not the same as talking to the rep or a regional guy.

Still I agree that a lot of these places had their cases picked through..if I stocked beer every day you bet I'd grab my bottle or two

38. JCDenver

A bottle or two seems absolutely reasonable. Snagging the whole allotment would be kind of uncool.

39. dfree23

dfree23 Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 1, 2010

Whole Foods Plano Park and Preston has one case in, one bottle limit. Just got 1.

40. HopAG

I got there 10 minutes after I saw your post... It was out when I got there...

Sweet Jesus

I only managed to snag 2 of these bad boys, I really wanted a third one.