Abyss Sightings

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by MykelJH, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Yeah that's a bit steep. Perry's has a solid selection, but their prices are all over the place. Only show in town (near by) I suppose.

2. I was gonna buy it there but nevermind. I refuse to pay more than 50% over what anyone else is charging. They got great selection at a usually small markup but this is ridiculous

3. BevMo gets the same limited releases there for the most part for anywhere from $4-10 cheaper. Plus I'm pretty sure there's some decent shops out in Dublin/Pleasanton.

4. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Ouch!!! Not what they charged me, but not surprised at all.

5. Perry's isn't the only game in town today. Bevmo in Pleasanton just got 9 cases in this morning. $14.99 a bottle.

6. bbothen

bbothen Savant (360) California Sep 5, 2006

Coleman Ave Costco. $10.99 each. Mt View has some too.

[​IMG]

7. Good googley moggley!

8. No bottle limit, I imagine. It probably was gone 60 seconds after the post.

9. Ah shit. I stopped in at 11 and didn't see any. Hope its still there around 2

10. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Savant (260) California Jul 7, 2012

Mr kegs in hb just got a single case in. 14.99

11. my god that is a shitty looking display

12. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

Know anything about San Jose locations? I'll be over there tonight for tires.

13. bbothen

It's Costco.

Rocket80 likes this.
  14. bbothen

Just Coleman Ave in San Jose, heard none at Almaden location.

15. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Savant (460) California Jun 25, 2012

Thx bbothen

I can also confirm first hand that Almaden has no Abyss nor tires for my POS car. :( Haha Now for some Costco pizza and some beer. :)

bbothen likes this.
  16. Damn it, why can't Costco locations in SoCal have this kind of stuff?

Rocket80 and JigsawRecords like this.
  17. grandmeaulnes

grandmeaulnes Savant (275) Ohio Oct 18, 2010

Anyone in SD seen it

18. IHyphySF

IHyphySF Savant (280) California Nov 21, 2011

anyone in sf still looking for some i would love to trade this years abyss for a dissident

19. BevMo in Brea had some as of this morning.

20. Heads up, I know a few places in the East Bay are supposed to receive a shipment on Friday. If you're still looking for some, I suggest calling around to see if/when/how much they're getting.

21. bladerR

bladerR Disciple (55) California Dec 5, 2012

BevMo in Albany had three full cases yesterday around 3pm. From the looks of it they were just starting to stock it. I did not buy any from them.

22. SMH, I called those fuckers early last week. Said they didn't have it, nor did they order any.

23. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Ouch!! Just paid 18.99 for FW 16th.

Hows the Abyss compare to FW 16th?

24. well, one is a stout, and one is a blend of oatmeal stout and barleywines.

25. Oakland Bevmo has a ton
    Pleasanton Bevmo should be receiving and putting their boatload out today.

26. Perry is basically a beer museum with free entrance- The beer buyer/tour guide Diego is very knowledgeable and he can answer any questions. The crazy price tags are meant to discourage visitors from buying their artifacts.

bbothen likes this.
  27. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Savant (380) California Apr 30, 2009

Nope, haven't seen it here yet.

28. Thanks, I thought I was doomed to only one bottle this year. Now I've got one to age.

29. Believe it or not, but that's actually a good price for FW XVI.

Abyss is a completely different beer (unless they really changed something--I haven't tried this year's).

Pelican5 likes this.
  30. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (330) California Nov 21, 2008

Abyss landed at Ramirez earlier today, haven't stopped by so I have no idea if it's gone or not

31. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

Crest

32. KANE3

KANE3 Aficionado (190) California Jul 31, 2012

Gone.

33. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

The toothpaste company?!?

Levitation likes this.
  34. Really good price on the 16! Think I paid $20.99 at Nugget in NorCal.

35. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

haha, no
    http://www.crestbeverage.com/

Talking to a few people who work in beer retail, Crest is the one with the control over how much (both cost and volume), where, and when we see these beers. They are a BMC distributor and do not have as much interest or knowledge in craft beer as would be ideal for handling releases, especially the ones from FW and Deschutes. There always seems to be a small volume (especially compared to other regions) and SoCal is usually one of the last to get these beers on the market. I have heard of FW releases showing up on shelves in the MidWest and East Coast before San Diego, which is pathetic seeing how FW is only a few hours drive away.

sirtomtom likes this.
  36. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Savant (380) California Apr 30, 2009

I've seen FW XVI for as high as $26 in San Diego. It is never at or less than $20.

37. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Got lucky, Total Wine had it for 19.99. I had a dollar off coupon. Picked up two bottles @ 18.99 ea.
    Haven't seen Abyss yet. Did not buy the last two years. Should buy a bottle or two this year.

38. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

Not quite 9, but they did get 5. Picked up a couple more bottles from them earlier...down to about 2 cases.

39. Been using this thread to track down some of The Abyss and managed to find some today at Bill's Liquor in Atwater Village thanks to a post in another thread. Figured I owe it to the LA beeradvocate crowd to chime in that Bill's had ~4 left in stock after I grabbed mine around 730pm.

Zerric likes this.
  40. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

Thank you for the answer.