Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest cometh. Limited tickets left for Friday, February 5th in Boston.

Buy yours now →
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

AC Beer and music festival 2014

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NickyT, Dec 16, 2013.

1. NickyT

NickyT Aficionado (195) New Jersey Jul 19, 2013

This will be my first year attending. I'm considering buying tickets for all three sessions. Has anyone gone before? Should I do all three, or does it get repetitive?
  2. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Advocate (510) New Jersey Apr 5, 2013 Verified

You'll probably die if you go to 3 straight sessions.
  3. eagles7251

eagles7251 Aficionado (240) New Jersey Sep 29, 2009 Verified

You should be fine with one. Been going past 7 years, always a good time. Last year they had VIP tickets but wouldnt tell you what the VIP beers were before hand...kind of strange. I would buy VIP tickets if I knew the VIP beers. I hope Carton and Cape May Brewing are back this year. They werent there last year :( .
  4. NickyT

I will prepare myself by drinking copious amounts of craft brewed deliciousness.
  5. reidjoshua

reidjoshua Savant (325) California May 3, 2013 Verified

haven't been before, but I e-mailed the organizer to see if they need volunteers to pour beers.
  6. NickyT

I took your advice, and I will be attending the third session. But I did splurge and buy the VIP tix. And I think I'm gonna drive down to Cape May Brewery for tour and tasting that Sunday as well.
  7. eagles7251

eagles7251 Aficionado (240) New Jersey Sep 29, 2009 Verified

For anyone interested here are the VIP ticket details from ticket master , looks like $114.95 includes fees. Different from last year where they had a VIP beer at the bottom of every hour if I recall correctly.

VIP Package

VIP Credential includes:
    -Festival Admittance 45 minutes prior to gate
    - Welcome Beer Featuring one of NJ great brewers (30 minutes prior to doors opening)

VIP Gift Bag
    -Limited VIP Beer Fest T-shirt (Email will be sent after purchase to obtain shirt size. Shirts will be available to participants at event check in.)
    -Official AC Beer and Music Festival Pint Glass
    -I Love AC Beer Fest Sunglasses & Complimentary Mustache
  8. benz08

benz08 Savant (375) New Jersey Nov 9, 2008

One session is too much. If you've been drinking craft beer in NJ for more than 2 years you'll probably only end up having 10 new beers at ACBF. But getting a good buzz on before spending the night in AC is fun. I liked a few years ago when they had the Sunday session still. Much more laid back and the pours got generous. Doesn't hurt that hotel rooms are about 1/4 the price on Sunday nights. I think I even had a free room that last year. I was spoiled going to GABF this year. My friends and I just hold our own beer festival/bottle share the ACBF weekend now.
  9. kjrod20

kjrod20 Savant (495) New York Jul 16, 2005 Verified

There's also the bonus of Saves the Day playing on Friday. I love that band so them plus a beer fest is just perfect.