1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ACBF 2014: Map & Booth Assignments

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

American Craft Beer Fest is almost here! But not quite. So to help you kill some time by planning ahead, here's the map.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BOPrZ8GqfKNG81MG5TYWhHYWM/edit?usp=sharing

Note: As posted in a previous thread, TRVE and Urban Chestnut will not be at the fest. :( We're actively looking for replacement breweries.

The map will also be included in the fest guide, which is currently available at 500 locations in the Boston area and it'll be available at the fest while they last.

See you at ACBF!

Cheers!

2. Does the lack of Magic Hat on the map, yet presence in the latest beer list mean they're one of the TRVE/Urban Chestnut replacement breweries?

3. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Yes, they will be replacing one of the brewers that could not make it. I'll determine which booth ASAP.

4. Hi guys.

Any chance booth numbers could be added to the beer list? Many of us would also love to see the BA and Bros ratings. Thank you.

5. Magic Hat as an addition is not exciting and their offerings even less so.
    Is there any chance of additions which might spice up this line up which is pretty dreary. I really did not pay $60 to get the chance to drink ufo white. Last year there was BCBS, Sofie paradisi etc. Seriously considering ditching our tickets currently.

6. Todd

We currently don't have the ability to add the booth numbers to the online list, or plans to add the scores at this time.

7. Todd

Dreary list?

http://www.beeradvocate.com/acbf/beer/

It's arguably the best ACBF beer list to-date. Don't like Magic Hat? There's 140+ other brewers to explore. Don't like UFO White? It's just one beer out of 640+ that'll be at the fest. And tickets are $51.10 after fees.

JrGtr likes this.
  8. Jason

To each their own, sometimes breweries can't make it for unforeseen reasons and I'd rather not see an empty booth. Did you go last year? Magic Hat was there and UFO White was on or a variant.

9. Ok. Thank you. Maybe a feature that would be beneficial in the mobile app.

10. yes I went last year, Franklin was an unexpected highlight but other breweries did have other interesting beers. It seems very heavy on APAs. IPAs, DIPAs and porters. its good to see Foundation and Gneiss featured but compare Trillium's offering when last year they had bug on.
    It would help to have this in a spreadsheet but at a glance it seems heavy on the higher IBU , heavier beers.
    How much is still to be added? For example Weyenbacher is listing two beers currently, last year I enjoyed trying their anniversary beer for the first time.

11. If you want exciting, experimental and one off beers go to EBF. If you want variety with a chance to try some new breweries, go to ACBF.

csniezek likes this.
  12. Todd

We have a good handful to add, and there will be beers at the fest that won't make the listings.

And I'll echo what @EnronCFO said: This fest isn't just for beer geeks looking for special offerings (even though we'll have some of that). It's for the masses, and has been since day one.

kgncfl and csniezek like this.
  13. Jason

I know High Horse's lineup is changing / perhaps more additions. Mystic Brewing will be added soon and I also posted the NERAX list.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/acbf-nerax-lineup.182321/

I added a handful of new additions today, I'll probably see more though not sure if I will have time to add them depending on when I get the updates. With a list this big it is usually around 95% correct by the time the fest rolls around.

14. That spreadsheet really helped last year. Might have to just go with the flow this year.

15. Will there be a print out of additions?

16. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (430) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011

Todd:

Just a quick question. I see Alesmith has a booth but I don't see them listed in the beer list yet (I know you may not have been able to update it with all the other work you have). Just trying to determine if they are coming to ACBF? I appreciate your response.

17. Todd

They unfortunately bailed last minute.

18. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (430) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011

Thanks Todd. Figured I would check to make sure.

19. studio810

studio810 Zealot (85) Massachusetts Feb 18, 2007

Didn't want to start a new thread but are bags allowed inside? Cameras? I can't find a page with details like this. Thanks!

20. Info: http://www.beeradvocate.com/acbf/info/

Can I bring a bag or backpack?
    All bags/carrying items will be subject to search. Backpacks are not allowed on the fest floor. Security will have the final say on all items brought into the fest.

21. kgncfl

kgncfl Savant (310) Ohio Dec 24, 2013

Todd, I just wanted to applaud your patience here. 3 posts out of a total of 20 complaining? You are killing it!

22. There is enough stuff on the list that I'm excited to try that I will be surprised if I manage to hit everything I want to. I see people complaining about the list, and I get a little let down, then I look at it and I'm overwhelmed just trying to remember all the things I want to try. Seems pretty good to me.

My only complaint is I had to buy ink for my printer to print my tickets, which added 30 bucks to the cost. ;)

23. Is there a kickoff event like you had for EBF this year?

24. @Todd
    The map would be a whole lot easier to read if the breweries were listed numerically rather than alphabetically. I know it's a long shot, but is there any chance you could throw that together for me? ;)

25. JPbeer14

JPbeer14 Disciple (50) Rhode Island Jun 11, 2011

Studio810 I have the same questions; the rules provided leave things subject to interpretation. I attended last year and had a blast but made the mistake of purchasing some shirts too early in the night and didn't have a bag to carry them around in which got annoying... This time I want to bring a small drawstring backpack with w my camera in it, but don't know if i should be worried about getting denied entrance after waiting in the huge entrance line! Can anyone please clarify this type stuff and exactly what the "fest floor" consists of or the difference in rules between a bag and backpack? Thanks

26. Mystic just posted they are at booth 11 if people want to update things.
    and the past few events I have taken a very open shoulder bag. the fact security can glance in it in milliseconds mean I have not been hassled but still had a place for spare cell phone charger and booklets and general promo stuff

27. MattVC

MattVC Zealot (95) Massachusetts Aug 21, 2012

Did Franklin's bail or just move? I didn't see them at all, and they certainly weren't at the booth listed.

Both Alesmith and TRVE were on my "damnit how did I miss them" list. Unfortunate they bailed, but glad it wasn't just me.

28. Todd

They were not there. It was a miscommunication and ultimately our (@Jason's :eek:) bad.

MattVC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.