1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

ACBF Beer Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by judzillah, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesome work! This is like something I would have done. A suggestion: add rAvg in there. The "/100" scores are tied heavily into the number of reviews, so knowing the actual average can be more useful in many circumstances.
    kemoarps likes this.
  2. Good suggestion! It's in there now.
  3. Now I make my own copy, apply Filter Reviews > 0, then I've got my hit list!
  4. benbking

benbking Savant (285) Massachusetts Dec 11, 2009

I'm almost speechless.
    YogiBeer likes this.
  5. Thads324

Thads324 Savant (390) Connecticut Jan 21, 2010

Outstanding! I'm going to use this at the saturday fest to keep track of my consumption. Thanks!
  6. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

Wow, thanks! You just saved me a ton of research. This is very cool
  7. Excellent, well done! Thanks! Do you know if there's a way of creating a similar spreadsheet for all the beers people have tried on BA? (i.e. like a one click excel sheet for all my beers)
  8. Glad others are finding it useful! Something similar should be possible for your beer reviews, it's just a simple (and bad) python script that I hacked together. Although the beer rating page has a nice summary table view already. But if you'd like, I'm happy to share my little script with you offline.
  9. You beat me too it! Made a spreadsheet also as I did last year too! Good job!
  10. guezarka

guezarka Savant (280) Massachusetts Jan 27, 2009

Nice work!
  11. Oops, I'd forgotten the most important column, ABV :) I've updated to include it, enjoy!
    msondel likes this.
  12. ziggyzoggy

ziggyzoggy Savant (250) Ohio Apr 30, 2013

Really nice work! :cool:
  13. you sir are a hero
  14. dawatts

dawatts Savant (310) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

Thank you very much Judzilla. cheers.
  15. JSBILK

JSBILK Savant (285) Massachusetts Apr 6, 2013

Great spreadsheet! This will be my first year, I'm hoping I can hit all my pre selected beers, and the lines won't be too long.
  16. Fantastic work! When they post Brewery booth location, that would be a sweet add...
  17. I ran my script again and updated the sheet. It looks like there were a few changes to the list since last time.

That's a great idea, but I'm sure as heck not going to do that by hand, and I don't see an easy way to script it. If somebody has that info in an easier to parse form than that PDF though I'd be happy to add it.
  18. cincysig

cincysig Savant (330) Massachusetts Sep 15, 2010

Brilliant!
  19. My wife loves data...this will make her happier than actually tasting the beer! LOL thanks!
  20. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

Damn. That's a lot of work! Now, more than before, I wanna go.
  21. sent.
  22. mdemaso

mdemaso Aspirant (25) Massachusetts May 30, 2012

Hey I made a quick site that helps me track the same thing. It even lets you know what your BAC is for the speed of your drinking and the ABV of the beers you are having. Pretty handy stuff for those trying to keep it toned down. It also lets you "like" beers (in no way does it use facebook) so you can track your favorites through out the night.

There are no ads. I'm hosting it all just for my own personal use and I decided to open it up to all. Last year I made a similar site with less functionality and me and my group of friends found it helpful the next day to see what beers we really liked.

Cheers: http://brewedsoftware.com/acbf/
  23. That spreadsheet is excellent. I made a sheet myself but it was not nearly as comprehensive. Where did you get access to the source data?
  24. Nothing magic. The page with the beer list for the festival has links to the profile page for each beer. I just parsed the info from there.
  25. Thanks! The sheet has been updated with the table locations now.
  26. I'm having issues with the doc opening this AM? Anyone else?
  27. JSBILK

JSBILK Savant (285) Massachusetts Apr 6, 2013

Just printed it, See everyone there!
  28. pjs234

pjs234 Advocate (670) Connecticut Jun 29, 2008

I have it saved in excel. I could email it to you. BM with email if you want it.
  29. This is amazing. So glad I found this before the session tonight. You sir are a saint. Makes it so much easier to have a good hunting session.

By any chance are you going to The Festival? ;)
  30. ktblue22

ktblue22 Aficionado (230) Vermont Feb 15, 2013

I'm so so so excited!!!! I've never been to a beer fest before - can't wait!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.