1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Acer Quercus any trade recently?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by amnesia85, Apr 19, 2013.

1. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

hey guys looking for any info that may help me out about this beer. One of my regular trading buddies loves the bruery and lawsons and I have seen this empty bottle in the corner of the shelf in the mad taco in waitsfield. Id love to try and land one for my friend but not sure what it would involve and if I even have the ammo/would it be worth the trouble? thanks.
  2. tbadiuk

tbadiuk Member

It's a good beer, nothing too crazy but solid enough that I didn't trade any of my allocations away. Really easy drinking. Having said that, it shouldn't take too much to land one, more of an issue of just finding someone that has one still kicking around as it's been a while...
  3. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

My buddy is a hoarder member, if he has not tried it (not even sure if he has one in his cellar) do you think he would even be impressed by it? Or would it be more of a novelty thing? Thanks for your help!
  4. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

Novelty thing. Some people like it more than others, but IMO it wasn't a drain pour, but also not something I'd ever seek out more of.
  5. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Member

I have one if you want it - don't need anything special for it really. Hit me up.
  6. nicks6217

nicks6217 Member

Completely agree, it wasn't bad but I wouldnt seek it out.
  7. vurt

vurt Member

Given the collaborators and the ingredients, I expected it to be a lot better than it was. Not a bad beer, really. Could've used more smoke and maple, less sweetness. I still have a bottle--not because I'm saving it for a special occasion, but because I haven't felt like opening another one.
  8. bugdoc

bugdoc Member

Just curious - how much were these bottles on release? There's a Bay Area bottle shop that's had stocks of this for...well, forever, and I always figured it was the steep pricetag that kept it on the shelves. (I'm sure many already know exactly which shop I'm talking about. :cool:)
    Johnnyramirez likes this.
  9. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

$20 in VT.
  10. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

Thanks for all the info on this beer, and also thanks for reaching out to me with this beer. Within minutes I spoke with some great BAs Witt this beer available. I think my buddy will. Be happy to get one despite it appears to be so/so from you guys responses. I know it's not barrel aged so I am confused of price, however the style seems pretty solid especially with some age on it. What does it compare to hair of the dog Adam?
  11. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

I'm a regular at that shop if we're talking about the same place. And it is steep pricing. Price tag is a big factor...look at all the 2011 and 2012 Eclipse collecting dust there. And all the other non hyped beers collecting dust too.
  12. amnesia85

amnesia85 Member

So I'm guessing if it's still on the self in CA my buddy either already has it or doesn't want it right?
  13. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

I've only seen it at 1 shop still. And that's because they're charging $30 for it where the price was $20 when it released