1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Comment Adding a Place

Discussion in 'Site' started by MichPaul, Dec 23, 2012.

1. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Hey, just curious, I had submitted a "Place" quite a few days ago and it still has yet to go through. How long does that process usually take? Not trying to be a bother, just curious.

Thanks!

2. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Site Editor (950) North Carolina Dec 8, 2007 Staff Member

They can take between a week to 10 days in my experience, especially around the holidays when the approvers are probably busy with things other than BA.

3. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (990) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

If something lingers for more than a few days the two most common reasons are:

a) We're trying to fact-check something that can't be solved with a cursory web search. This can be caused by absent info at submission (no phone/website/etc.), the place being in a non-English speaking country, possible duplication of an existing place, etc.

b) You've caught us at a time when all the people with approval powers are preoccupied with other matters. I try to do a few places every morning, but I'll occasionally go a few days without if life intervenes.

There's nothing in the queue at the moment FWIW.

4. MichPaul

MichPaul Advocate (710) Michigan Jan 28, 2012

Very cool! I see that my submission is now added. I read up that we would be alerted that our submission was added, and I had no idea. Thank you very much for your time! Just a huge fan of the place I added, and want to give them some props.
    Have a good one!

5. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (990) Ontario (Canada) Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

The alerts haven't worked since the migration to the new forum/mail system. But yeah, it's rare anything takes over a week these days.