1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Comment Adding Quantity to Gots

Discussion in 'Site' started by EvoJoe, Jan 22, 2013.

1. I think it would be interesting if you can add Quantity to the Gots section of Beers. Would be almost an inventory checker of your cellar as well as a nice way for others to see if you have a good stock on a certain beer and would be interested in trading.

Cheers

JohnnyMc and mellowmark like this.
  2. MattOC

MattOC Savant (295) Massachusetts Jan 13, 2013

Totall agree. I thought the same thing when I officially registered and was logging my Gots. Thought it would be a helpful detail.

3. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (845) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

I've seen some profiles where they have an Excel spreadsheet on Google docs and then post a link to it. Much easier to update than going beer by beer.

aasher likes this.
  4. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (245) Texas Aug 28, 2010

Agreed, seems like a simple fix with either an extra column or drop down box.

5. jglowe77

jglowe77 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Jan 24, 2011

It would also be helpful if you could make note of what vintage you have.

aasher likes this.
  6. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

It's a good idea, which has been discussed before along with adding dates to keep track of vintages.

We plan on looking at extending Hads, Wants and Gots during the site redesign.

mellowmark and Resuin like this.
  7. Resuin

Resuin Champion (805) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

I was going to make this suggestion, but looked around and found this post right away. I think it would be cool to be able to use BA as a method to inventory my beers (I currently use excel) - and adding quantity would really help with this - any chance this might happen? Cheers.

Edit: Thanks Todd, I didn't see your post until I submitted mine - you're always very responsive; much obliged.

8. mellowmark

mellowmark Savant (465) Minnesota Mar 31, 2010

We appreciate what you do here. Prost!