1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Advocacy LIF ('99 375ml Cantillon Rose up for grabs)

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Greenplastic615, Mar 5, 2013.

1. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

My god, how in the hell did I miss this LIF?!? Guess that goes to show that I have my priorities correct by giving all my attention to my precious little angel :)

Wow, I am so humbled right now I don't know what to say! Thank you so very much, Jason, for such a thoughtful LIF, and to all of you who felt that I was deserving of this insanely generous gesture from Jason. This community is filled with so many great people, many of which I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending quality time with. And furthermore, many that I now, with extreme pride, call my friends.

Cheers to all of you who were nominated in this LIF. I wish I could share this bottle that Jason is sending over with all of you, because you all deserve it! As a consolation, I will be sharing it with a good friend of mine, William (futura123), and many other stand-up bay area BAs, in celebrating the birth of his baby daughter in the next month or so. I'll be sure to post a pic to this thread of all of us as we toast to all of you, BA! Thanks for making this community such a pleasure, honor, and privilege to be part of.
  2. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Don't pretend that you are not a badass! Nobody is buying that bullshit! :p
  3. im still screwing the daylights out of your porch... but you didnt hear that and forget about it;....
  4. Hey your supposed to ignore that post and forget it
  5. dtmets84

dtmets84 Aficionado (235) New York Dec 31, 2011

the whale slayer. i am happy to call him my friend.
  6. leschkie

leschkie Savant (495) California Jan 30, 2011

I received Jason's insanely generous LIF box yesterday, and my goodess, I can't thank him enough!!! Not only did I find a 1993 Cantillon Rose, but he threw in 4(!) other bottles to accompany it. Here is a picture of the haul:

[​IMG]

Bottles:
    1993 Cantillon Rose de Cambrinus(?) - didn't know that the name changed to Gambrinus at some point
    Central Waters Bourbon Stout (love this stuff)
    Spring House Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout (very intriguing)
    Spring House Planet Bean Coffee Stout (love me some coffee stout)
    Annabelle (Jason's French Saison homebrew w/ tangelos)

I've said it many times and I'll say it again. Thank you so very much, Jason! I know us Bay Area boys are going to thoroughly enjoy these bottles. A word of warning though, you haven't heard the last of me!
  7. cneville

cneville Initiate (0) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

ISO ISO ISO TANGELO SAISON