1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Against the Grain Kottbusser /Lexington

Discussion in 'US - South' started by drfabulous, Sep 18, 2012.

1. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Against the Grain Kottbusser is now on tap at Whole Foods. $5.99 32 ounce $7.99 64 ounce. That's a pretty good deal.

And it looks like Wet Hop Willie just went on tap at Country Boy. I have to get to this soon.

Anybody try the new honey beer at West Sixth yet?

2. drfabulous

Also looks like Green Flash / St Feuillien Friendship Brew four packs have arrived in Lexington.

3. KYGunner

KYGunner Savant (490) Kentucky Sep 16, 2012

West 6th is making a great effort. Where can I find the Honey, outside the brewery?

4. drfabulous

I only know of the brewery. Except for the IPA and a few instances of the saison, I don't know of their other beers getting around to other places in town. Maybe another one or two I'm not aware of.

5. drfabulous

Plus! Oct 3 Jolly Pumpkin tap takeover and Oct 6 Dark Horse tap takeover at Country Boy. Check them out on Facebook for details.

6. kaips1

kaips1 Savant (285) Kentucky Feb 20, 2011

Shenanigans should be getting some Bo and Luke after ATG does their release party, Shenanigans in Lexington

drfabulous likes this.
  7. Mitchill

Mitchill Aficionado (100) Kentucky Sep 17, 2010

Just got back from the Bo and Luke tasting, it was the best Louisville made beer I have ever had the pleasure of consuming, as far as bourbon barrel stouts go it is equally one of the best I have ever had, no body does the barrels like KY

tronto likes this.
  8. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

I second this. Best KY beer I've ever had with London Balling coming in a close second. It is def in the same ballpark as BCBS and Parabola and others. Now if we could get a GREAT ipa....

9. CLCardinal84

CLCardinal84 Savant (320) Illinois Jan 29, 2012

My brother picked up a growler last night to bring up to Chicago next weekend when they visit. Running the marathon and my first beer after the race will be Bo & Luke.

tronto likes this.