1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Aging a Three Philosphers... Is 18 months too soon?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by smallfry1474, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Hello Everyone,

18 months ago I purchased an Ommegang Three Philosophers with the intent of conditioning for a 'while'. However, I am stuck at my home due to Nemo, and I am really feeling like opening the Three Philosophers.

Should I do it? Is it too soon at only 18 months? Can anyone help me out? Anyone up for a snowball fight in a few hours?

2. whats the vintage 2011? should be pretty good. and tbis snow is heavy. perfect for snowball flinging.

3. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

It's good fresh, it's good with any amount of age. Can't go wrong - enjoy!

4. YoDude

YoDude Aficionado (180) Illinois Nov 21, 2008

I agree. I try to buy at least one bottle every year. It can definitely age for several years, but this seems to be a good occasion. Hopefully you've cracked it open by now and thoroughly enjoyed.

5. strangebrew321

strangebrew321 Savant (390) Indiana Feb 18, 2009

Drink it now, great timing.

I'm always up for a snowball fight.

6. Cant beat it aged or fresh
    Love 3 Philosophers

Jnorton00 likes this.
  7. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

I heard they didnt add the cherries for the 2012 bottles. I had one the other day and was wondering why it didnt taste right. Anyone else experience this?

8. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

I would drink it now just for the memory. You'll never forget that beer

9. Jwiss22

Jwiss22 Disciple (70) Pennsylvania Feb 10, 2009

I agree. I thought that beer was supposed to age well, but for some reason I also drank a 2010 after 2 years age on it and it was terrible tasting