1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Ahh, that 1st SN Celebration of the year...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RBassSFHOPit2ME, Nov 7, 2012.

1. wildyeast

wildyeast Aficionado (115) Maryland Mar 24, 2006

Celebrate,Celebrate,dance to the beer.It's OK but I am still in lust with my first case of Heady Topper which is one of the very few beers that I have ever found that I actually want to remove from my lips and come up for air.

2. I think they taste incredibly similar, look incredibly similar, they even clock in at almost the same abv. That being said, I've only had it on draft at the brewpub. I plan on purchasing a bottle soon.

3. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

First Celebration Ale/Pizza dinner of the season was had tonight. Mushrooms, olives, malt, & hops!:D

4. Having my first of the year right now. It's not as Celebrationy as it was last year.

5. Now that I've got a few more beers and some vodka in me, it appears to be a nice clone, that's for sure. But once it settles the real differences come out. First look and first smell, yeah. First sip... it's OK, but doesn't hold up to Celebration as far as I'm concerned.

6. Drinking my first right now, too. Maybe my first EVER... don't really remember. Not CRAZY about it, truth be told. Good stuff, though.

7. Chris_Cali_2o9

Chris_Cali_2o9 Aficionado (245) Nov 18, 2012

I didn't think about that, them both being fresh hopped i guess there's really no way of comparing the two, besides memory. Maybe it's just i'm kinda numb to the awesomeness now, but to me 2011 was better.

I feel the same way about Estate, and Northern Hemisphere. Both IMO are better then Celebration.