1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Airport lounge beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RBlaszak, Aug 31, 2012.

1. mojo525

mojo525 Aficionado (105) Ohio Nov 26, 2011

Port Columbus has a Columbus Brewing Co. location.
    Killing an hour with a couple of Columbus IPAs and a Buckeyes game on the tube sucks less than average.
  2. So does Akron Canton, but no sixers! Atlanta's Sweetwater bar is freaking sweet. I had the best Sweetwater IPA ive ever had there.
  3. Last time I went to Japan the wife and I flew out of PDX instead of Sea-Tac. Took a growler of Workhorse to a friend in Tokyo, who was absolutely stoked.

Speaking of Sea-Tac, the selection isn't that great. I have seen Fremont Unversale on tap, though.
  4. Portland here I come. Too bad it's not in the middle of the country so I could do connecting flights.
  5. cneville

cneville Initiate (0) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Side note on Port Columbus--it's only accessible through the non-Southwest terminal. SW gets...a Chilis. That said, they've had Bodhi at the CBC in Columbus, so that's a real treat if you catch it there.
  6. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

I'd just suggest you not openly exclaiming "IM TAKING A BOMBER ON THE PLANE"

might end in a bad day
    LeRose, Stevedore, juankzas and 2 others like this.
  7. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (765) California Jan 31, 2005

No kidding!!! I actually hesitated, but figured BA's would be completely clear on the meaning...but maybe I should've added 22oz to the word "bomber."
  8. mmbeergarden

mmbeergarden Aspirant (25) Jan 1, 2013

How much did your beers cost at Jet Rock? In May 2012, I paid $14.95 for a 22oz Dock St Rye IPA at Jet Rock in Terminal B. The Philadelphia Marketplace's website states they are committed to offering "street prices" but no bar in Philly charges that much for a comparable beer!
  9. Mgm54

Mgm54 Savant (375) New York Apr 7, 2011

MSP airport has a bewpub chain in it. They had Summit Oatmeal Stout on Nitro Tap, very good.
  10. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

11. richardflyr

richardflyr Savant (340) Virginia Jul 28, 2009

Best I have found in IAH is a Saint Arnold Elissa IPA at a Chili's in Terminal B, just past security. It used to be Pyramid Hefe, but thankfully they swapped it out for something local.

This topic is extremely relevant to my interests. I wish there was an airport specific resource for craft beer. Most of the places I know of are mentioned already.
    champ103 likes this.
  12. There is a Paulaner Wirtshaus at the Frankfurt airport train station, the new station that has the glass roof known as the Armadillo. A good place to have an early lunch when coming from the US and going to Bamberg while waiting for the train.
  13. kylelenk

kylelenk Savant (350) Michigan Apr 17, 2012

In ATL yesterday, Delta Sky Club had Sweet Water 420 IPA, Bud Diesel, Heineken, and Blue Moon on draft. The lounge I was in had no bottles. I'll be traveling through MSP, SLC, and Cincinnati next week and will try and scout some more locations.
  14. Schwantz

Schwantz Savant (390) Florida Dec 16, 2012

15. Kat Cora serves her own branded Pale Ale at IAH and SFO. (And the food's pretty good too.)
    richardflyr likes this.
  16. Atlanta International has a Sweetwater pub.
  17. SupremePie

SupremePie Savant (310) Vermont Sep 30, 2012

There is a Gordon Biersch in National, and an Old Dominion Brewing Co at Dulles I believe
  18. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Had to look up charge on statement. Was 25.45 total for the two beers and some finger food. Forget what I had. My tip must have been $4 since I almost always tip 20%. $21 for all that seems fair to me.
  19. ^ This