1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

AleSmith Brewing Company Barrel Aged Speedway Stout Release

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by jamex, Nov 5, 2012.

1. I've been training.

ehammond1 likes this.
  2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

ehammond1 likes this.
  3. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (325) California Jan 11, 2010

Pretty sure BASS is scribbled on the boxes that contain BASS. For whatever that's worth...

ehammond1 likes this.
  4. I got lucky when my lunch plans got moved to Wednesday, not that I would have missed it. 12.12.12 is looking better all the time

BdubleEdubleRUN and ehammond1 like this.
  5. baybassboy

baybassboy Savant (380) California Feb 23, 2011

As long as one hand is kept free for cornhole

6. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

wait cornhole... now I want to come!

edit: woohoo, and just like that I am past 1K post, or is this something I should be ashamed of :confused:

7. whales,bro roots.

ehammond1 and MarkIntihar like this.
  8. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Yes.

Sebowski, ehammond1 and nanobrew like this.
  9. baybassboy

If the community only knew. Anyone got Colleen's number?

ehammond1 and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  10. If you can track down the celebrity/movie star. I will donate a bottle for him to markintihar with us.

ehammond1 likes this.
  11. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

What a fastball on that one, eh?

baybassboy and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  12. Siggy125

Siggy125 Advocate (505) California Nov 10, 2006

I do like the BPT approach. I got pretty PO'd with line cutters at previous Alesmith release.

Between Bruery & Alesmith, this has been a pretty expensive fall so far. I'm almost glad I couldnt make it out to Darkness.

Rocket80 likes this.
  13. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (555) California Sep 25, 2009

Don't forget Eclipse (assuming you got some coming)

14. Nor should we forget the poor bastards who won the Lost Abbey Track Series raffle. Rough times.

15. Siggy125

Ouch dude, you're right. And I just paid Alicia too for the big stash. Oh, and the damn ticket to get in... Need a 2nd job.

Retsinis likes this.
  16. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (915) California Nov 29, 2006

Have they sent out notices to pay for the second half? I've received nothing.

17. Siggy125

I got an emailed invoice for the 2nd half yesterday. My buddy said he got his on Saturday. Seems like theyre trickling out slowly.

HopHead84 likes this.
  18. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

Won 2 Track Series, various Bruery Releases, Hoarders Society, Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve, Eclipse, just got back from Belgium, and this (plus maybe MOAS). I don't think I need to buy any beer for a long time now.

19. riko

riko Savant (280) California Jan 18, 2008

It's definitely scrawled on growler caps when they fill growlers with it.

stawn and mrkrispy like this.
  20. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I need to stop trading these. 5/12 left. I traded 3/4 of my BA Decadence and wish I saved 2.

21. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (915) Texas Aug 15, 2010

Is Alesmith going to be pouring their beer into those damn plastic cups at the event this Saturday? Does anyone know why the hell they do that? I'd fancy me some nutella Speedway but I might just bring my own glass if they're going to insist on serving me liquid gold in a wal-mart cup.

22. baybassboy

i would drink Nutella Speedway from a hobo's shoe if it were served to me that way

23. riko

They've been using glass at the tasting room for the last month or two.

24. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

Finally. I wrote to them at least twice about that. They didn't even recycle them...

25. I thought they were still using plastic cups for tasters and glass for pours larger than that.

26. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (915) Texas Aug 15, 2010

^Interesting. Per their email, servings are limited to tasters for the Speedway variants.

27. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

SDBW.

28. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

That was the case last time I was there which was probably around a month ago. I dearly hope not otherwise I might make a scene.

29. riko

They poured my tasters into glass last time I was there. Maybe they just like me.

30. ryno09

ryno09 Savant (310) California May 1, 2010

Same here.

But I think I'll be bringing my own glass taster glasses with me tomorrow.

31. Will it be crazy crowded tomorrow like it was at O'Brien's? They won't have that same 16 variations of Speedway at the tasting room tomorrow right?

32. I doubt it, and though you may see one or two of those variation versions come out, I would not expect to see most of them.

33. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Hmmm... I was there on Sunday trying the BA Nut Brown and the Vietnamese Speedway and they were giving me my tasters in the usual plastic cups. But I think everybody just likes you :)

34. I don't understand everybody's problem with the plastic cups. It gives me nostalgic memories of college parties many years ago.

35. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (330) California Nov 21, 2008

the plastic cups kills the aesthetic of the tasting picture lol. not to mention it's harder to pick out aroma with plastic alll in my face :confused:

a group of us went in mid oct & they still had the plastics

ehammond1 likes this.
  36. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (555) California Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, when they got those 1L growlers in, and were filling the Vietnamese Speedway Stout, (month ago) plastic cups for tasters was what they served us. I didn't mind it a few years ago when they were the small clear ones with the Alesmith logo on them, but the ones I got were the white screened ones you get in the store, & those too have a faint plastic smell. Would have preferred glass for those tasters. Either way, seems having to constantly buy more in the long run is not as cost effective as buying & cleaning glass, I would think, but maybe not if they buy in bulk. Presentation wise though, not the best first impression, imo.

From the sounds of it though, it's only glass now & going forward, and if so, thats a good move on their part.

37. queens1130

Damn it, I'm already 1.5hrs away from home where I left my BA speedway ticket printouts... I have the BPT order confirmation & ticket numbers in my email, anyone know if that's good enough? I tried calling Alesmith & it's only an automated message..

38. bigsippin

bigsippin Zealot (90) California Feb 9, 2012

Should be fine. I did that for BA decadence

Rocket80 likes this.
  39. I think they just want the confirmation number or something. I just showed them the email on my phone for BAD (yes, I'm going to try to keep this acronym going).

40. queens1130

Cool, thanks guys!