1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Alesmith Kegs?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by bifrost17, Jan 5, 2013.

1. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Weird question, but are we going to start seeing Alesmith kegs in WA? I was and still am absolutely thrilled that we now get their bottles up here (I can't even tell you how many bottles of IPA and Speedway I've consumed over the past few months). So does anyone know the deal with the kegs? I'd love to have some Alesmith IPA on tap.
  2. From what I understand they are working on it. I will ask the distributor tomorrow.
    bifrost17 likes this.
  3. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

It's possible, but not easy. They apparently don't want to send their limited supply of cooperage out of state, so the only way we've been able to get kegs in Oregon is by having the distributor send their own kegs down to the brewery. Even then, we don't have much choice when it comes to the beer. They fill them with whatever is ready and send them back.
  4. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Ahhhh I see. Thanks for the info man. I've yet to try a beer from them that wasn't good, so is getting a surprise keg really that bad of a thing?
  5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Savant (440) Oregon Aug 17, 2005

Not at all. I imagine the hardest part for the distributor is looking at the 7 or 8 different kegs and trying to decide which account gets which flavor. The hardest part for beer drinkers is keeping track of who's got what, and when it's getting tapped.
  6. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Savant (295) Washington Mar 1, 2010

The WA rep said it is very unlikely. Echoing maltmaster, they don't want to send their kegs out of state.