1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

All Day vs. Day Time

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Flyway, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Flyway

Flyway Zealot (95) Wisconsin Oct 22, 2012

Checked out the reviews on these two, and they both come in pretty close. Was wondering if anyone has any strong feelings regarding one or the other, as I am in search of a sessionable IPA. Feel free to chip in any other comparable brews, with distribution to WI if have any. Thanks!

2. patto1ro

patto1ro Advocate (500) Netherlands Apr 26, 2004

I love all day drinking and daytime drinking, too. But, seeing as all day includes day time, I don't see how you can set the one against the other.

Ri0 and Morey like this.
  3. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

I think they're pretty close in profile and are reasonably good, both have a citrus nose with light crisp body. Firestone DBA beats the pants off either as a session beer IMO...

4. Daytime gets the nod.

But Founders makes the best Harvest Ale in the world.

Ri0 likes this.
  5. Flyway

Flyway Zealot (95) Wisconsin Oct 22, 2012

Thanks, I really enjoy all of Lag's beers, but haven't grabbed Daytime yet... and I also missed out on Founders Harvest Ale this fall, but I won't make that mistake again... saw it and passed it :confused:

6. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (555) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

I like both but would buy L's Daytime over Founders All Day

7. I think this has been discussed in a prior thread. From what I remember Founder's All Day IPA was the overall choice. I also prefer All Day - it really blew me away last summer. So much flavor in a lower alcohol beer. For me, Day Time had a fantastic nose (typical Lagunitas) but the mouth feel was just a bit thin and watery.

8. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

All Day IPA's bold flavors is what sets itself apart from Day Time, IMO. Both smell equally amazing..

Extravadanza likes this.
  9. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Anchor Liberty

10. n2185

n2185 Advocate (640) North Carolina Apr 14, 2008

All Day by a good bit. They both smell great, but All Day tastes much better. Also it's much easier to check Founders's freshness. Now if you're comparing to Lagunitas Sucks to Centennial, the former wins pretty easily.

11. ChugginOil

ChugginOil Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 23, 2010

Day Time all day (no pun intended). I havent seen an IPA with such a light color taste so packed with hoppy goodness.