1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

All things SF Beer Week 2013

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by elNopalero, Feb 1, 2013.

1. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Title says it all!

There's too much going on to make event listing for everything, but fortunately there's a helpful website to aid in your planning:

http://www.sfbeerweek.org/

Haven't made firm plans yet but I've always had a good time at the Toronado's events. City Beer Store, Speakeasy, Beer Rev as well. Festivals tend to be too chaotic for my operating system, and dinners/pairings too meat-centric. I love 'meet-the-brewer' nights and there's even a trivia night which looks promising. Who knows, I might run into some of ya'll...

So all that said, those who are going, those who are in town (or coming in from out of town), what are you hoping to catch?
  2. drgarage

drgarage Initiate (0) California Aug 19, 2008

I'm in town. Most interested in 'Tion night, though I may be out of town (grumble grumble), DIPA Fest, Kern night at Gourmet Haus, and the epic Sierra night at Beer Rev. Maybe Midnight Sun at City Beer, also.
  3. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Any idea on the date for this year?
  4. drgarage

I'd check Toronado's web page. if it hasn't been updated yet, it likely will be soon.
  5. bird22

bird22 Savant (405) California Jan 2, 2011

Yeah, not updated yet. All they have up is a Lagunitas/New Belgium night on the 14th and the barleywine fest.
  6. mjl21

mjl21 Advocate (535) California Apr 3, 2008

It's 2/12 at 6:00 PM.
  7. rgco

rgco Aficionado (180) California Apr 2, 2012

'Tion night last year at Toronado, while packed, was the highlight of my beer week. Just got to figure out how to be at Toronado for that and City Beer Store for Alpine at the same time.
  8. chippo33

chippo33 Advocate (550) Vermont Feb 29, 2012

Between those two and the 20 tap bruery takeover at harry's, tough decisions.
  9. Anyone know if Healthy Spirits is doing any releases this year?
  10. kaseydad

kaseydad Advocate (655) California Nov 23, 2008

Bistro Double IPA Fest and the Toronado BW Fest. Been a tradition and ain't no stopping me now. Tough during the week for me to make something unless it's REALLY local. Bring it!
  11. drgarage

They haven't announced any yet, but they've alluded to at least something. It's clear that opening the Clement store has occupied a whole lot of attention of late.
    PaulStoneAnchor likes this.