1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Allagash Coolship Resergum now available

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by LostTraveler, Jan 2, 2013.

1. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Member

2. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

I know its a four bottle limit but you know the bottle count? Might make the drive up tomorrow.
  3. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo BA Site Editor Staff Member

Someone in Maine get me some, please. :cool:
  4. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Member

I bet if you called them they can give you the number. They are really good about that stuff.
  5. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

I did and they said around roughly 1,000. No exact number. The person I spoke to said it could be more or less. It will probably last a few days.
  6. straffordmilitia

straffordmilitia Member

You get a free tote bag with a $50 purchase. Grabbed my four an hour ago as well as their cookbook. Nice little bag of goodies to bring home.
  7. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Member

With this many bottles, this time of year, I'd expect it to last a week or more. The last release of Coolship Red numbered only a few hundred, and lasted a few days.
  8. MileHighShooter

MileHighShooter Member

someone want to send a few to colorado??
  9. cmoody91

cmoody91 Member

would happily trade some Chicago stuff (sours or otherwise) for one or two of these! Shoot me a BM.
  10. lukemroy

lukemroy Member

can't access that link at work, so I apologize if its in there, but whats the price?
  11. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

$15 per bottle
  12. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Member

Still going! Stopped in on Wednesday, seemed to be plenty left.
  13. jamvt

jamvt Member

stopped in on thursday and there were still many crates.
  14. Archemedies

Archemedies Member

I noticed that Red was put on the retired list even though it was released a few months ago. Does Allagash plan on not brewing it anymore?
  15. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Member

That's BA auto-retiring over 2000 beers a couple days ago. Has nothing to do with Allagash plans, nothing at all.

All indications are Red, Cerise, and Resurgam will continue to be occasional brewery-only releases.
    Archemedies and franklinn like this.
  16. Jwale73

Jwale73 Member

Anyone been in over the weekend. I may make a drive up tomorrow if they still have some.
  17. skipjack17

skipjack17 Member

There was plenty yesterday.
  18. Jwale73

Jwale73 Member

Not going to be able to get up there. If there are any Mainers near the brewery who would be willing to trade for some bottles, please check the google docs on my profile if there is anything of interest. Cheers.
  19. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Member

Still about 3 cases as of yesterday
  20. jmarce

jmarce Member

Probably a longshot with the venn diagram problem but if anyone near the brewery is interested I can send a 2 bottle shipper with either 2 2012 BCBCS or a 75cl Struise Rio Reserva and a 500ml NEBCO bottle (Premeditated Murder, 2012 IST, 2011 Friar's Quad) for you to send back with 2 Resergums. BM if interested.
  21. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Member

I really hope future Coolship releases go like this. No need to rush down and get it the first day on sale, and no guilt about depriving others of beer if you want to go back and get more.
  22. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

swear i read on one of their twitter feeds (although, can't find it now) that part of the new expansion/repurposed part of the old brewhouse is being converted to spontaneous-only, so i think there is going to be a LOT more volume in years to come. hope they will drop the price too, but i don't see that coming.
  23. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 Member

4 cases on the floor as of today at noon.
  24. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Member

As I understand it - having just done the tour - the old brewhouse stays where it is, does the 'specialty' stuff (i.e. not White). The new brewhouse does White.

Coolships beers are limited in capacity by the coolship method more than the brewhouse, anyway.

The sour barrel room and tanks have moved over into the old brewery building next door.
  25. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Member

Anyone know if this is still available?
  26. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Member

Yes-2 per person, down from 4 upon release.
  27. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Member

Anyone willing to grab em two bottles? I went up and got four when it first came up but now i am down to 1!! so good!

BM me. I'll be at the Festival in June.
  28. Kalev13

Kalev13 Member

I stopped by on my way through Portland yesterday. There were 2 cases +4 bottles out on the floor, limit 4 per customer. There were 2 cases when I left. :)
  29. mathematizer

mathematizer Member

Good time to visit for sours.

Resurgam and FV13 both available. 4 bottle limit on each.

($15 and $13 respectively.)
    WickedGoodBBQ and Trevdawg like this.