1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Allagash Coolship "Single Barrel One" (Bourbon Barrel Aged)

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Todd, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

This label pic was just tweeted by Allagash.

[​IMG]

"Coolship: single barrel one, ale aged in oak bourbon barrels barrels" 8.1%

Will you be adding this spontaneously fermented bourbon barrel aged brew to your wants?
    Bizoneill, Sonofalime, 1up and 2 others like this.
  2. Obviously. I love Allagashs sours.
    johnsonni likes this.
  3. ALL OF MY WANT>
  4. Will be driving there as soon as it's released.
  5. acurtis

acurtis Champion (755) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

Not until you add it to the site.
  6. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

That already happened.
  7. Mike

Mike Senior Web Developer (445) New Hampshire Nov 17, 2010 Staff Member

So much want!
    mkurylko likes this.
  8. acurtis

acurtis Champion (755) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

Thanks for adding, And now it is on my wants.
  9. Want want want. I already set some money aside for it. I hope it is released soon!
  10. Another one to add to the flight!
  11. Head-high

Head-high Aficionado (140) Virginia Jun 15, 2012

nOOb question but are the Coolships brewery only releases? TIA.
  12. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

yes
    Head-high likes this.
  13. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (385) New York Jan 13, 2010

Who wants to go to the brewery and pick one up for me?
  14. dianimal

dianimal Savant (420) California Apr 18, 2012

15. FYI - this is NOT out yet.

According to their Twitter feed "an unknown future date."
  16. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I'll be there the day it's released buying my limit. Sometimes it's nice to live in Maine. :)

And yes...I will be open to trading some...provided the per person allocation is greater than one.
  17. I previously received emails from them when they released their one-offs... Apparently I have missed a lot of releases. Is this something they post of Facebook/Twitter now instead?
  18. Let me know if you get extra and are up for another trade ;)
  19. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Will do. I currently have access to Coolship Resurgam, but multiple trades have my finances spread pretty thin. Hopefully I can still get some for you in a couple of weeks or so.
  20. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

The thought of this alone makes me giddy. ISO for sure.
  21. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

Typically they email about the pre-scheduled, one-off, one-day releases that come with a release "event". These have been sours/wilds, but NOT coolships.

The coolships have been in much smaller quantities, and they're not one-offs, so no release event, it's just placed in the store on a random day with a tweet that morning. They're using the official Allagash twitter for this now, rather than Rob's or Jason's as in the past. Also, Facebook.

FV13 is yet another variation, pre-announced release to distribution with the in-store release hinted at but not officially announced until that morning.

I doubt we'll see release "events" until the expansion is finished. They have no space for crowds now, and it's only going to get worse before the new tasting room is done.
  22. I'll definitely make the trip when its released. I have just about every one of their Coolship lines.
  23. Head-high

Head-high Aficionado (140) Virginia Jun 15, 2012

Does anyone know what beer Allagash has available for sale in bottles at the brewery right now. I looked at their website but failed. TIA.
  24. Lukaduke

Lukaduke Aficionado (160) Maine May 22, 2012

Coolship Resurgam / FV 13/ House Beer are all there as of friday. Along with the typical year round releases.

As for upcoming events. I talked with a few people at Allagash and I think they are enjoying the "silent" releases. Gives the locals a chance to come and grab a bottle within a week or so, rather than having a huge line of people buy everything at once. Being a local I appreciate the silent releases too...
    OtisCampbell, DanK4 and Head-high like this.
  25. Sonofalime

Sonofalime Savant (370) Virginia Oct 11, 2010

Gigantic ISO! They sound amazing and small, local is always good.
  26. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

This sounds pretty interesting. I've never had a spontaneously fermented beer aged in bourbon. It doesn't necessarily jump out as something that sounds crazy good to me either, though I'll definitely be trying to track down a bottle or two. What other spontaneous/bourbon beers (worth trying) are there?
  27. New Glarus R&D Bourbon Barrel Kriek...absolutely worth hunting down if you have the ammo to go after it. I wish so much that I had the chance to try more than 2oz of that beer!
  28. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

I am pissed I didn't go back to NG at the Great Taste last summer for more pours of that beer. Heard that was the last keg... Yum!
  29. Drops May 18th
    GuzzLah likes this.
  30. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (385) New York Jan 13, 2010

Who's willing to pick me up a bottle, in exchange for some HF goodies I'll be snagging on my road trip on June 1st?
  31. Sonofalime

Sonofalime Savant (370) Virginia Oct 11, 2010

Massive want! BM me if your looking to unload a bottle or two.
  32. Same here