1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Allagash FV13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by tehzachatak, Dec 21, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

per Allagash Facebook,
    excited for this one, heard good things.
  2. Was served on tap at Portland Beer Week - tasty, I heard. (Last glass was poured just as I arrived at Novare.)
  3. yeah, it was at Meadhall a couple nights ago for an event Allagash was at too - didn't get to try any, but heard good things.
  4. A Wild Ale aged in oak barrels from Allagash sounds damn good to me! Hopefully a little cheaper than Confluence.
    Newenglandcraftbrew likes this.
  5. unlikely, given that it's a 375.... i would expect at least $10 per.
    porterdog likes this.
  6. jaasen64

jaasen64 Savant (450) Massachusetts Jan 15, 2012

I tried it on draft at Meadhall for their 12 Brewers of Christmas Toys for Tots fundraiser on Wednesday. It was very good, definitely one of the better beers of the night. Was fairly sour with a nice lingering fruity presence. Definitely looking forward to it in bottles.
  7. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (445) New York Jun 7, 2005

Probably an unfair comparison as Confluence isn't oak barreled.
  8. Which would mean more expensive, right? Shit! I'm broke again.
  9. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

It was awesome. Force carbonated at the event, but the bottles will be bottle-conditioned. We also had some directly from the foudre last Spring; harsh. Definitely matured. Looking forward to it in bottles.
    luwak likes this.
  10. DanK4

DanK4 Aficionado (240) Maine Jan 17, 2012

Pullin' nails for a sneak peak huh? It was awesome, but then again I've always been impressed with everything Allagash puts out. Still hoping one day we will see an expanded/second koelschip room so they can pump more of those bad boys out.
  11. As far as I know, this is just a sour, not a spontaneous beer - and they did happily DRAMATICALLY expand their barrel room this year (I think they're now up to like 4 foudres, plus probably hundreds of other barrels).

But yes, this guy will also be extremely happy when Coolships are a tad easier to find.....
    luwak likes this.
  12. What is the beer?
  13. DanK4

DanK4 Aficionado (240) Maine Jan 17, 2012

Yea they did, Rob and his father have been holding onto the warehouse space Allagash was before its current location and they not only put the huge foudre that the FV13 is aged in but two smaller foudres and one even smaller (from what I remember from the barrel room sneak peak) along with all the barrels that were once in the Curieux room. It was awesome cracking open a bottle of Red and talking about how they are utilizing this space now. Sadly (but no complaints) the rep couldn't pull any nails for me, but we did crack open a few Coolship bottles and talked Allagash history and future plans. Nothing but respect and love for all the Allagash crew!
  14. Somehow missed this....

That's a new one. Cool.
    brewbetter likes this.
  15. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Yeah me too! I heard" "A beer from Allagash" that's enough to make me buy it...seriously
    lostandwandering likes this.
  16. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (350) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I tried this from the tap in their tasting room yesterday...fantastic.
  17. I had one in Novare in Portland. It was really, really good. I had no idea it was going to be distributed.
  18. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

This will be released tomorrow at the brewery, and presumably to distro at the same time.
  19. Cenosillicaphobe

On the very morning I'm flying to Chicago? NNNOOOOOooooooo.........
  20. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

21. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

ISO

Really wish Allagash would distro in Ohio. I regret not drinking more of it when I lived in Maine.
  22. Anyone in the Portland area going to the brewery to get this want to see if they have any Resurgam left :) I'll paypal you :) BM me.

Cheers!
  23. Anyone know how far this is being distributed?
  24. in the video there is a quick map so i am assuming whatever is on that map.
  25. Cenosillicaphobe

I picked up a Resurgam this past Friday...and there were two crates left on the floor...wish I had had more cash...will be checking again next Friday.
  26. Can't watch video on my phone or work, i'm assuming MA is on there?
  27. Yes, it most certainly is!
    Trevdawg likes this.
  28. [​IMG]
  29. beerinmaine

Their entire normal distribution area.
  30. If anyone finds this in the LA area, please post.
  31. cmoody91

cmoody91 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 21, 2010

Anyone know when it's supposed to hit Chicago? Checked at Castle Vav today and was no sign, Adam wasn't aware of the beer's distribution. Wonder who this will be going to..
  32. Arenbeer

Arenbeer Savant (285) Connecticut Apr 23, 2009

Has anyone seen this in CT yet?
  33. beerinmaine

It has JUST gone out and is hitting stores in Maine tomorrow. Beyond that, calculate the average speed of a laden beer truck.....

;)
  34. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (885) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

Anyone have a guess as to how long this will stick around Allagash's retail shop?
  35. beerinmaine

Resurgam is approaching 2 months now (since 1/3, I think). I'm sure there's at least as much FV13 set aside for the retail store as there was Resurgam. It's still the cold winter here, nobody from away coming to buy beer.

Early on, Allagash had said they wanted to have a rotating variety of the limited beers available in the store, more-or-less all the time. Maybe capacity has caught up enough to make this into reality?
  36. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (885) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

Awesome, thanks! I'm headed up there next Saturday and I would be absolutely THRILLED if I could get some Resurgam and FV 13.
  37. Bizoneill

Bizoneill Savant (285) Connecticut Apr 19, 2012

Tried at the brewery last weekend and it was delicious... Also took home 8 bottles of it. 4 for me and 4 for my hunny ;) Also grabbed some Resurgam as well. They had plenty when I was there but not sure how much is left now.
  38. An African or European beer truck?
    LeRose, kristalynn, jgluck and 9 others like this.
  39. Cenosillicaphobe

I was at Allagash Tuesday evening and there was still a bunch of Resurgam and FV13...heading back for more tomorrow.
  40. Anyone get this in NC yet?