1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Allagash FV13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by tehzachatak, Dec 21, 2012.

1. What was the bottle price at the brewery?
  2. There were 1000 bottles of fv13 available for sale in the retail store. There was about the same number of this latest batch of resurgam for sale, and it is still avilable. FV should be around the shop for a while.

There is also about 9000 bottles of FV13 going out into distribution.
    Bizoneill likes this.
  3. Resurgam is $15
    Fv13 is $13
  4. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (895) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

Awesome, thanks a ton for the information. Sounds like I should be good on FV 13. Now I'll just need to hope that Resurgam lasts one more week!
  5. Thanks. $13 is lower than I thought for a beer aged 4 years! Not cheap by any means but similar to Cantillon or 3F.
    Bizoneill likes this.
  6. Bizoneill

Bizoneill Savant (285) Connecticut Apr 19, 2012

$13
  7. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

I'm hoping for another 3 weeks on the Resurgam...I have 3 now but they're all spoken for...still haven't even tried it myself...and I'd love to be able to hook up my girl's cousin with a bottle.
    Bizoneill likes this.
  8. Anyone seen this anywhere but Portland yet?
  9. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

They've got it at Madden Beverage in Saco.
  10. huysmans

huysmans Savant (330) New Jersey Dec 5, 2007

NJ is listed on the map, and we get plenty of Allagash down here, but I was just told by a local store, who called the Allagash distributor for all of NJ, that it is not being released in NJ. She also said it was only for sale at the brewery, which seemed like misinformation to me. This store carries a lot of craft beer, but they don't really know craft beer, if you know what I mean.
  11. acurtis

acurtis Champion (755) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

She may be confused since their 375ml sours are usually brewery only.
  12. huysmans

huysmans Savant (330) New Jersey Dec 5, 2007

She was surly confused, but her info came from the distributor, who should know better. I will hunt this stuff down! Worst case I will drive to Maine - it's my favorite damn place in the world anyway.
  13. It's the way life should be!
    Archemedies, Mullen2525 and huysmans like this.
  14. Bottles in Mass very shortly - may start hitting Friday, more likely early next week. "Very limited".
  15. Ugh.
  16. Had this at Publick House last Friday and it was very nice. Worth getting a few bottles of.
  17. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

Already hit one store in Southwestern CT....store only received 6 bottles (!!!).

Priced at $12.99.
  18. Just hit Julio's.
  19. was just about to post this... apparently the timeline i got was conservative! (or maybe just Boston)
  20. Same distributor, so shouldn't matter.
  21. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Any word on NYC?
  22. Found it in Portsmouth, NH yesterday. Slowly making it's way around. Definitely worth it to pick up a bottle or two if you can.
  23. pghlee

pghlee Savant (255) Georgia Feb 24, 2006

had it in atlanta last weekend. yummy
  24. Julios has it for $14.99.
  25. 14.99 at my fave store here in CT. I passed. small bottle, sour, nope
  26. I want to try this! I wonder if NC is getting any?
  27. TNGabe

TNGabe Initiate (0) Tennessee Feb 6, 2012

Everywhere that gets Allagash is.
    danoeltico likes this.
  28. tpww7

tpww7 Aficionado (180) Connecticut Jun 26, 2007

Picked up 2 bottles at Amity in CT for $13 a bottle. With 6 bottles to a case and less than 30 cases to go around. Grab one if you see it. Delicious.
  29. Just got it in today Yankee Wine in Newtown
  30. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

Today there were 4 crates each of FV13 and Resurgam on the floor at the brewery store, but they said that's the last of the Resurgam.
  31. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (395) New York Jan 13, 2010

Good Beer in NYC has some for $17.99/bottle. A little too expensive for me for a 375ml bottle.
  32. I had this at Novare REs in Portland back in the Fall. It's delicious! I don't see why we wouldn't get bottles of this since we seem to get tons of Allagash stuff here. I'm with you, btw. Maine is one of my favorite places to visit.
  33. Had it today. Good sour, not the worth the price for a bottle.
  34. Cool. More for me.
  35. picked up a couple bottles yesterday in CA was $15.99 bottle
    it has to be worth a try lol
  36. I thought it was only NE and Chicago getting FV13?
  37. apparantely not lol
    or i guess i am just pretty lucky at finding bottles either way I will be happy to taste and hope it live up to the price
  38. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) Alaska May 30, 2011

Wow, really, guess, more people should`ve showed up to the Allagash tasting at Patman's in Windham, ME in Feb, bomber were sold for$9.00
  39. no, entire Allagash distribution area supposedly.
  40. Where in California?