1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.

Allagash FV13

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by tehzachatak, Dec 21, 2012.

1. JTDay

JTDay Aficionado (125) Georgia Jan 28, 2013

It hit a few stores in Athens this week. 5pts east got theirs and sold out tuesday. 5 pts west and village got 6 bottles each today
    .Now only if I can land SB1 and Red.

2. Thanks for the info Kyle. I have a feeling the Cape will probably not see any. You know how it is down here. If I am unable to find any by Wednesday I will drive up to the Blanchard's you are at. What time does your rep typically stop by? You can BM me the time if you feel it will avoid any chaos.

p.s I miss the Grain and Vine although some stores have surprisingly stepped up their game in your absence here on Cape.

3. Got a bottle in Arlington VA at Arrowine today -- supposedly only 12 6-bottle cases made it to VA, with half of those going to TWs.

4. unclejazz

unclejazz Advocate (555) New York Oct 24, 2011

[​IMG]

I found some in Alphabet City. Whut whut?

dar482 likes this.
  5. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (375) New York Aug 1, 2012

Got mine in good old patchogue NY

6. Still not in NJ. I think.

7. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

Red is up again next month (still brewery only). Good luck with SB1.

8. was there on Thursday and picked up the FV13 and Resurgam and there seemed to be about 2 racks left of each. can't wait to try em

9. Fortunate timing allowed me to snag one in MA. Hopefully I'll have the same luck with the coolship resurgam.

[​IMG]

10. beerinmaine

Only if Allagash changes their plans in a significant way. Resugam and the other Coolships are brewery-only.

11. Seadog season is coming up soon, hopefully it lasts till then! I'm only an 1 & 1/2 hr away unless someone wants to work a trade.

12. Orlando

Orlando Aficionado (220) Illinois Aug 7, 2012

Found one today at Binny's in the Northern Burbs of Chicago. Can't wait to pop it open.

13. beerinmaine

That really was the last of the Resurgam, but I'm very sure there's more FV13 in the back room / sour building.

14. most likely....that's just what I saw in the tasting room

15. curious as to how much you paid for a bottle?

16. Orlando

Orlando Aficionado (220) Illinois Aug 7, 2012

$14.99

17. not bad! I was expecting it to be a lot more. 13.00 at the brewery. i'm sure if my local gets it, it will sell for 17.00

18. Jleo897

Jleo897 Zealot (80) Connecticut Sep 9, 2012

It came and went. I'm a beer manger at a store and Ridgefield came in gone in 2 hours. I managed to grab the last one.

19. JTDay

I wasn't aware; another unicorn evades me. FV13 is drinking great right now.

20. I drank one, this beer is insanely good.

21. I dare say that it is as good as Resurgam (latest batch!), Interlude and fresh Gargamel, my three favorite Allagash beers.

22. Anyone know when Prince Tuesday goes for sale? That immediately went to the top of my Allagash list last year.

23. Sonofalime

Sonofalime Savant (425) Virginia Oct 11, 2010

Got the last one of 6 that TW &more got in Springfield. Couldn't believe one was still there. Good luck searching.

24. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (655) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

I picked up a bottle Friday evening in Atlanta, had no problems!

Haven't cracked it yet, but it's looking to get some good reviews, pretty stoked.

25. Mikecap

Mikecap Advocate (715) Rhode Island May 18, 2012

I had this a couple weeks back at the brewery. Absolutely awesome, I enjoyed it much more than the Interlude which surprised me.

26. Just picked up bottles in NJ, it was released this week. Think we got 200 bottles for the whole state

27. RDMII

RDMII Savant (340) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Our Allagash rep brought us a bottle after he learned the distributor didn't have enough allotment to send us any. Had it yesterday, it's awesome. Super funky. Really wishing we had gotten more because I'd love to sit on one for a year.

28. Don't sit on the bottle! I learned the hard way. It will break, glass and brettanomyces everywhere.

29. chase2634

chase2634 Savant (315) Pennsylvania Nov 10, 2009

State Line in Elkton, MD has plenty.

30. So, where did the 200 bottles go?

regularjohn likes this.
  31. Based on your avatar it looks like you learned a valuable lesson from sitting on a bottle too

32. RDMII

Har har.

1up likes this.
  33. RDMII

Send me a dozen please. Thank you.

34. JTDay

There are still a few in Athens.

35. This make it out to Cali yet?

36. RDMII

Oh? Hmm. Road trip......

37. yeah man, came and went! if you find some more, youll be lucky. I'm in monterey area and i scored on 2 of them. if youre near san jose, Cask N Flask may have a couple left

38. Does anyone know if its still in NY?

39. God, I miss that place.

40. yeah for $23! i tried it and it was great but for that size bottle...the price does not add up.