Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Alpine Beers Currently Available?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by daniloknezic, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Hey, i know that their Rye IPA and Exponential Hoppieness are seasonal, but i have no idea if they are available now and/or when they are available normally. Anyone know if they are around right now or when they normally are? (you may notice that this corresponds to an ISO: hoppy alpine beers that i will post shortly, lol)

Thanks.

2. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Advocate (720) District of Columbia Nov 27, 2010 Verified

Their Nelson Rye IPA is in the regular rotation, so this should not be hard to get (though they sometimes do run out at the brewery). Expo is brewed something like twice a year (Feb and June/July-ish).

3. Cazlo

Cazlo Savant (340) Pennsylvania Sep 7, 2011

Bottles of Nelson, Duet and Pure Hoppiness (and others) are usually at the brewery and pub. A few locol stores carry them too, but not many. I was in SD a few weeks back and couldn't find a Nelson anywhere, but they are around now. Since the now infamous Expo on EBay incident the brewpub and brewery limit bottles to 4 a person so people don't buy it all up and take it to god knows where. The best way to experience Alpine is to go there, some of their best beers (Bad Boy, Hoppy Birthday) are tap only.

4. stawn

stawn Savant (360) California Sep 16, 2008 Verified

Pure Hoppiness is in the fermenter. New bottles should be out in a week or two. Nelson and Duet are around.

5. KingG

KingG Savant (295) California Apr 19, 2005

Why not just call the brewery for an accurate answer?

domtronzero likes this.
  6. I saw a few bottles of Alpine stuff (If I remember correctly, Alpine Pale Ale and Duet) at a store on Adams st. just called Beer & Wine. Not too far from Blind Lady Ale House, though I forget the exact address.

7. OTB

OTB Savant (430) California Sep 2, 2011 Verified

Just had lunch there Friday. Nelson and Duet are avaialable now, along with their Alpine Ale, and their other offerings. Pure will be available in a week or two, they had it in tap Friday. They are releasing a collaboration with NB that looks really great, made with pink peppercorns, they were just running labels when I was there.IMHO the latest batch of Neslon is by far the best I have ever had, absolutely amazing, the nose is insane, sipping one now as a matter of fact. The next batch of Expo they said is June/July, I have a strong feeling it's going to be a LOT different with this release, be aware that Alpine has reduced the amount of bottles you can purchase at the brewery, which I think isn't a bad idea at all.

Cheers......

8. Alpine really needs a new website update. They need a website some what like Russian River. A list of beers currently on tap, available bottles, dinner menu and special events.

tjensen3618 likes this.