1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Alpine Updates

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by grandmeaulnes, Jul 30, 2012.

1. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

yeah, but do you even lift?
  2. Cool bro. Tell us more.
  3. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I thought nitro ruined Bad Boy. Casks and nitro ruin all IPAs.
  4. Casks and nitro ruin all IPAs.[/quote]

Opinions, like a**holes, vary.
    errantnight and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  5. I agree. The nitor mouthfeel is odd. Just serve it in the way it was designed.
  6. I also don't like the nitro.
  7. Ok, you want to hear more? Well, my dick is bigger than yours. That is all.
  8. evilc

How much can you bench? 2x bodyweight or you're weak bro. Post video of 530 raw.
  9. rmaste6282

rmaste6282 Savant (380) California Apr 30, 2009

I agree this last batch of Hoppy Bday was a big disappointment, not bad, but not fantastic as previous batches have been. I had it twice, once at Toro the day after it was released, and at the pub a week later.
  10. robL

robL Aficionado (240) California Oct 22, 2010

Any taplist updates? Heading to SD tmrw morning and thinking of stopping by. Its outta the way, but...I....just....can't....resisttttt....
  11. evilc

Alpine is pretty close to San Diego in comparison to other areas. It's closer than most of North County. People see the mountains and instantly think they are 500 miles away.

People in San Diego consider Escondido a short trip, and Alpine a "trek". Guess which is closer?
  12. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (375) California May 19, 2006

There's a couple of reasons for this. First, most of the people with enough disposable income to have craft beer as a hobby are located a bit north of downtown anyway - at least that's been my experience. Second, Escondido is on the way to/from LA - which means it's closer if you're driving from nearly anywhere else in the state. Also, the only thing in Alpine is the brewery - in North County you get Stone, LA, Churchills and more.

Sure, if you're downtown, at the beaches, or in North Park - then Alpine is more convenient.
    robL likes this.
  13. robL

robL Aficionado (240) California Oct 22, 2010

Our day tmrw involves a drop off of homebrew at Ballast Point Homebrew Mart and a meeting with some real estate people in Ocean Beach. Alpine isn't really on the way to or from any of those places. But I don't think I ever called it a "trek".
  14. they are out of nelson and duet in bottles totally sucks also by tomorrow maybe out in growlers also
    think i am going to go up another time
  15. LOL. Long Arms bro, long arms. I can dunk a basketball though, and can post a video with today's paper in the background. And afterwards, I'll pound a 22 OZ of Nelson. (dependant upon Nelson's availability, and carbonation)
    LSUPT and robL like this.
  16. drewone

drewone Advocate (710) California Sep 18, 2006

No Nelson or duet bottles or growlers as of closing yesterday.
  17. evilc

Or all of East County. Did you know East County has homes every bit as expensive as those in the North, too? Did you know you can have a job paying every bit as well as those elite people from the North - and live in the East? I'll have to tell my friends here they don't have enough money to drink craft beer ;)

What an arrogant, elitist statement : "most of the people with enough disposable income". Please.

How much do you make bro? How much do you bench?
    domtronzero likes this.
  18. Wait. East county isn't full of rednecks, tweekers, and white trash? Huh! What do ya know. Learn something new every day.
    evilc likes this.
  19. rrryanc

rrryanc Savant (375) California May 19, 2006

Struck a nerve I see. Relax yo, wasn't judging, I just said that's been my experience. And look, the data supports it: Heat map (By total selling price, not price per ft^2), Most Expensive cities in SD County.
  20. evilc

Got it - home value correlates to location of craft beer drinkers. lol
  21. That stereotype sort of leaves me scratching my head, too. Granted I don't ask everybody I meet what they make or where they live, but my impression is that most of the people really into the craft beer game, chasing Whales, living at tasting rooms, etc. are hardly your stereotypical home owner. It's my experience that when you buy one of these expensive houses, you are generally going to the limit of your means and have less disposable income and time to spend on craft beer. But perhaps that is just me...
  22. [​IMG]
    Rempo, Shagtastic, sliverX and 6 others like this.
  23. I was planning on heading down there on Friday. Does anyone know if they have Nelson, Pure Hoppiness, or Duet?
  24. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

♫ The hoppiness high, or hoppiness low?
    And you're confused on which way to go
    So I've come here to give you a hand
    And introduce you to the promised brand, so

Come on and drink an Alpine
    Come on and sit here by my side

All over the country, I'm seeing it the same
    Nobody's winning at the IPA game
    We gotta do better, the malts need to stop
    You know all the answers must come from more hops, so

Come on and sit here by my side

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Ooh, ooh, ooh
    Ooh, ooh, ooh
    Ooh, ooh, Alpine

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah ♫
  25. OTB

OTB Savant (345) California Sep 2, 2011

Out of Nelson. Pure and Duet are available.

Cheers.....
  26. OTB

OTB Savant (345) California Sep 2, 2011

Wow...................
  27. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

Pure Hop on tap at Toro right meow
  28. It's on in Kearny Mesa as well.
  29. Go to bed.
    orangey likes this.
  30. Rempo = Pynchon?
    kojevergas and vapodge like this.
  31. wd09601

wd09601 Aficionado (115) Maryland Jul 29, 2012

I'm heading to San Diego in August and can hit 1 brewery and was wondering if you have to go to the brewery to taste lots of Alpine greatness or if the local bars usually have them on tap.
  32. Just hit up O'Brien's, they'll have some Alpine on.
    dcgunman likes this.
  33. aztec87

aztec87 Zealot (95) California Aug 30, 2012

toronado often has some alpine too
  34. Yeah, maybe the "pure hop on on Toro" already was a clue?
  35. Does anyone have updates as of yesterday? I'm heading down there today, and was just wondering what to expect.
    Thanks,
    Chris
  36. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

37. Was there yesterday. No Nelson or hoppy birthday. They have the brandy BA firings quad on tap in the pub. There also is no good on tap.
  38. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (360) California Jul 1, 2009

Okay. . . .cause I messaged them on FB yesterday and they said they had duet, nelson and pure for growlers and bottles. So what gives? One or the other. And I thought hoppy bday was done like a week or so ago. Thanks!
  39. They said on FB no Nelson til Tues.
  40. Nelson and Duet on tap in the pub. Nelson, Duet, Pure Hoppiness available for bombers (Nelson and Duet for growler fills). A new batch of Pure Hoppiness will be available on Friday for Growler fills and pub.

ps-Did not see this posted anywhere, but the brewery does DuHop (2/3 Duet 1/3 Pure Hoppiness) growler fills. I STRONGLY recommend getting them on Friday.