1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Alpine, you have a problem

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by OTB, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImJ2x

ImJ2x Initiate (0) California Jan 3, 2012

Pat may be smart, but I don't think he's anything like me. Lucky for us all.
  2. Please people just stop drinking Alpine all together. The beer is just awful and flat and infected. Let the bottles sit on shelves and the rest of us will buy them and suffer :)
  3. Now that sounds like a sad 'ol country western song: "My beer let me down today and so I made that brewer pay..."
    2beerdogs likes this.
  4. Ya...just stop drinking Alpine should be the name of the song.

They have also never let me down (besides BA Token).
  5. damjadi

damjadi Savant (250) Oregon Sep 17, 2003

Any beer can be the victim of bad treatment after production.... I have never had a bad Alpine Beer and wish I could get my mitts on some here in Portland....
  6. kotayk

kotayk Aficionado (180) California Feb 22, 2011

Folks please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not a home brewer, but if would seem to me that the carbonation is the easy part.
    You have perfected the recipe, (the hard part) now just carb the damn beer. (Are they by chance bottle conditioned?)
    It wouldn't be as frustrating if their beers had the availability of stone beers, but to go through great lengths to land one only to find that they are flat is a serious bummer.
  7. I had a PH at a bottle share in Florida that was absolutely flat and tasted infected almost, shame cause it's hard to get those down in florida.
  8. OTB

OTB Savant (345) California Sep 2, 2011

Popped a fresh bottle of Nelson tonight..........oh it was perfect:)

Cheers......
  9. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Savant (260) California Sep 10, 2011

Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of fucked up to have "Alpine, you have a problem" constantly on the front page of the Pacific Forum?
    jamex likes this.
  10. not if it keeps happening
  11. Xul

Xul Advocate (525) California May 18, 2008

1) Distributor/retailer handling doesn't cause flat beers, nor infected beers...at worst, poor handling can speed up an infection, but the bacteria had to already be in the beer.
    2) Distributor/retailer handling is a complete non-issue in this case, Alpine's beers never sit on a shelf long enough to be damaged and their problems have been evident in beers that have been purchased both through retail channels, as well as directly from the brewery.
  12. We could change it to something like "Alpine: Days between Beer Accidents."

Alpine white knutters could start their own thread called "Move along. Nothing to see here."
  13. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

People are acting like this is going to cause Alpine to fail. WTF? Not a chance, only a small portion of their beer is even bottled. Most is sold via draft. This is really a non-issue in the long run.
    sbuysse likes this.
  14. call me silly, but if you don't like their beers or qc, you could always stop buying them.

i can't recall the last time i had an issue, and their beer is so affordable (and delicious) that i'm tolerant of an occasional bad bottle.
  15. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (530) California Aug 11, 2007

Out of the last case I got from them, 1/12 bottles was bad, but it was forgotten about when I opened the next bottle that was great.
  16. I reserve the right to be hypocritical and drink their tasty brews while tossing an occasional stink bomb at their continual quality processes (or lack thereof).
  17. OTB

OTB Savant (345) California Sep 2, 2011

Just popped a fresh bottle of Duet........perfection. I bought a case of beer and some growlers last Tuesday and the one growler we consumed, (Duet) was excellent.Since, I have had bottles of Pure, Nelson and now Duet, all as good as they should be. Power outages be damned.:eek:

Cheers....
  18. Trust me real BEER lovers do not want any brewery to fail, we want to enjoy the best of the best, but it is hard on us when we try so hard to get a beer only to find out it's bad. I've only tried one Alpine beer that was bad but thats the only Alpine beer I've ever had so they are 0 for 1 in my book, that doesn't mean we won't try and get some more down here to Florida, i'll give them a 2nd, 3rd and maybe even a 4th try, why not since I love beer and they make damn good one from what i hear. ;)
  19. They make amazing IPAs for sure, unlike any other, so I agree with you giving them another try. Just don't trade in the Summer, where a trip in a box across the country in hot trucks is a near guarantee you won't taste the real thing. Better yet, come out to San Diego!
  20. No. It's really shitty- not to mention totally offbase. Would love this thread to be locked.
  21. kotayk

...So how does one reconcile the fact of under-carbonated/flat bottles procured at the mother ship?
  22. kotayk

Maybe if enough people bitch, they can fix the issues, but clearly this does not seem to be working, as they have kept putting out shitty bottles, and know people will gobble it up
  23. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Are we talking about Port Brewing?
  24. queens1130

queens1130 Savant (320) California Nov 21, 2008

ironically, i've never had a problem with any of the bottles that i've purchased from the brewery or any other stores. i've sent plenty of bottles out & figure trade partners would tell me if there were any issues. granted, when i read about the flat pure hoppiness bottles i avoided alpine for a little bit. i wonder if this is over with, would love to start hooking up more people with alpine goodness, cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.