1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Am I The Only Beer Geek That Saves Empty Bottles?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Hamburgers, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Chuck them, or re-use them for homebrew. I need less bottles now that I keg, however.

I don't really keep things, in general, when they've outlived their usefulness.
  2. end_27

end_27 Savant (420) Illinois Sep 23, 2012

If they're painted on as I believe Rogue are like Stone...then my method won't work. You'd need to cut it and best thing is to make a glass out of it.
  3. I let my friend who owns a bottle shop keep some of the more special ones. I recycle everything else. Sometimes I'll hold on to some for a bit to either take a picture or to remind myself to check it in or review it. Then they are recycled as well.
  4. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Let's see.......ummmmm, dumpster.
  5. FinchSCF

FinchSCF Savant (260) Michigan Aug 22, 2013

Amen. Nothing like bringing a beer full circle homebrew style.
  6. Just noticed this thread got moved to breweriana - there are probably other very similar posts and now I feel silly. I just had to google the word breweriana. Sorry bout that.
  7. Dan3279

Dan3279 Savant (295) Ohio Dec 21, 2010

[​IMG]

These are two cabinets above the work bench in my garage. I only save 3 Floyd's bottles and I think I have ever release covered for the last two years except for the BA randoms and dark lord varients. I have five bottles in the cellar that will push some of these to the back.