1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Amazing Regular Traders - Give them a shout out!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by waltersrj, Oct 4, 2012.

1. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I was just thinking of all the amazing regular traders I have these days and I'm so thankful for all of them. I rarely trade with anyone else now but that's the best part. Awesome extras, surprise boxes, no care about rarity. Love it.

My homies:

splax23 (Michigan): Traded 10 times now over 2 years. Thanks for the Kuhnhenn, Dark Horse, Bell's, Founders, Hopcat, etc love man. Oh...and the crazy Michigan growlers.

johndoe8 (San Diego): Thanks for being my RS pickup as well as an awesome trader! Hooks me up big, I try to return it.

pastradul (San Diego): Hooked me up with BA Speedway, EC Eclipse 09, and plenty of other rarities. Big time awesome extras too.

Mages65 (Seattle): IP trade king. Dan you rule and are an awesome friend. Thanks for all the help setting up our awesome Seattle tastings! Looking forward to the White Whsle tasting Dec. 1st.

ChrisPro (Chicago): Hooks it up big with ridiculous extras and the patience to get through the craziness of Chicago for rarer GI stuff for me with no questions asked.

TimFoolery (near RR): Tim hooked me up with T25, Beat (12 of them...what?), and FfaC and even drive an hour to RR to try to snag me a 3L supplication. You rule.

To all those I've traded with once or twice, you guys are awesome as well. Never been disappointed.

Cheers,
    Ryan
    pschul4, xxcarpxx, Theeabyss and 3 others like this.
  2. waltersrj

I forgot to specifically ask others to chime in and give a shout out to their regulars too!
  3. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Knowing ChrisPro and splax23 IRL, I can say they are indeed top notch guys.
    MasterSki and waltersrj like this.
  4. waltersrj

You're a top notch guy too Frank!
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  5. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

leschkie, dc55110, slentz, JM03 (also drinking buddy), and BdubleEdubleRUN (RS trustee) are all awesome people whose backs I would have any day. But truthfully, even outside of these "regulars", I haven't had a single bad trade experience on BA! Everyone I've traded with gets top grades from me!
    pschul4, gpawned, futura123 and 8 others like this.
  6. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

That is a lot of pandas.
  7. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (335) Texas Aug 13, 2010

BrewerB, ungertaker, YaknowBrady, BdubleEdubleRun, baybassboy, and inebriatedjoker are all awesome in my book. BrewerB hosted an excellent tasting for me a few weeks ago in San Francisco. Good dude.
  8. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

Skuter - My RS trustee. He is a good dude. Was patient in my first RS year when I was ordering max of everything. I've tried to hook him up but it never seems like enough. I'm thinking another box is in order.

VivasBeer - We've traded a few times so far this year. I expect at least one more trade with him this year.

evilc - Another awesome trader. Hooked me up with some good stuff and was always a pleasure deal with. He also has a cool beer page on Facebook.
    Skuter, evilc and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  9. My regular trading buddy is Futura123. I think we are on our 4th or 5th trade now. Futura hooked me up with a ton of beers off of the top of my want list! These include Bourbon BA DL, Chocolate Rain, Black Tuesday, Rare, KH, Hunahpu, Zhukov, Shot in the Dark, Beatification, T25 and Pliny.
    Thanks buddy :D
    stawn and futura123 like this.
  10. waltersrj

Knowing Futura123 I'm guessing you're supplying him with endless amounts of lambic and gueuze?
  11. Yip, almost everything I have sent has been a sour :D
  12. tat2dhllblly

tat2dhllblly Savant (350) Ohio Apr 10, 2010

Altcarl. Awesome regular trader!!!!
  13. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

I've just started swapping with libbey, his WAR value definitely cancels out the annoying shipping charges to the Pacific NW.
    CooperEllis, pschul4, gpawned and 9 others like this.
  14. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

Shout out to EgadBannanas and Markintihar.
  15. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

In order of when I first traded with:

kawilliams81, BigTomZ, GrumpyOldTroll. No need for details - these are my "go to" bros! Each deserving of the highest level of trust.
  16. Gregshead
    Beerdy
    Yaknowbrady
    Cosmicevan
    Jeepcop
    Kevsal
    Jodan
    MNbearsfan
    Jawzman
    Oreo
    Rmalinowski
    all solid as fudge and would not hesitate to back any of these brosef's in any way.
  17. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (505) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

18. quirkzoo

quirkzoo Initiate (0) Colorado Jul 7, 2011

ehammond1 is my only regular trading partner and I think we are both always happier about the box we receive than the box we send out, which is really what it is all about.

Speaking of which 50 lbs is scheduled to land at my office in 3 - 2 - 1....
  19. RandomBattle

RandomBattle Savant (265) New York Jun 25, 2010

My only regular trading partner has been my friend who moved out to Austin, TX a few years back: Phoenix2443. Great BA and friend. Hooks me up with all sorts of Southwest goodies: Freetail releases, Jester King beers, plus Live Oak growlers and all the like.
  20. TheSevenDuffs - I've been traveling up to Toronto for work since February, made a connection with Marcus, and we've done several IP trades. Has hooked me up with several local limited release beers, and hopefully I've been able to do the same. He also set up a great tasting during my birthday week, and also another one scheduled for next week, as I'm about to roll off my project here. Luckily he has a US shipping address, so hopefully we'll be able to keep up on trades.
    TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  21. waltersrj

22. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

leschkie-Well cause it's Kurtis dammit. What else can I say. Known him since we were kids and he is always down for the cause. Can't wait to see that lil fucker in MN in a few weeks!

robbiemoy13 as well. He is in my backyard and if I am busy and he isnt he is more then willing to help a brown man out.
    robbiemoy13, gpawned and futura123 like this.
  23. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Arbitrator, Tewaris and corby112 hold special places in my liver.
    tewaris likes this.
  24. Brew33

Brew33 Advocate (610) Ohio Oct 24, 2007

Azureoval and Urbancaver awesome BA's.
    gpawned likes this.
  25. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

oregonskibum and harrymel are 2 of the most awesome regulars I could possibly hope to have. We will be toasting Harry in an hour with some of the Bad Boy growler I just received. He will be getting a large portion of the case of ...oops don't want to let the cat out of the bag on this one hehehe.
  26. jacob4999

jacob4999 Savant (310) Michigan Dec 9, 2008

I've had great experiences with everyone I've traded with so far but my shout out goes to MordorMongo. My wedding was coming up and I wanted a few nice bottles for it. Well I asked him if he wanted to make a small trade to help me out a bit. My budget was low at the time because of the wedding. Well the box arrived and let's just say he went above and beyond and blew me away! The beer at my wedding went from decent to absolutely amazing.

I'll never forget what he did for me and he has a lifelong Michigan trading partner/Mule anytime he needs it. Thanks again Scott you kick ass!
  27. patol8

patol8 Aficionado (215) Michigan Jul 6, 2010

Shout out to arniepnminne, great regular trading partners, gets me all that Minnesota goodness plus many other hard to get brews from around the country.
  28. VaTechHopHead

VaTechHopHead Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2008

I don't have many regular traders but harrymel is a good dude and I enjoy sending him boxes. Super generous guy!
    jl28r1 likes this.
  29. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I have a few people to congratulate for their various levels of awesomeness :

raveskdr - pretty much my hetero life-mate, we meet up and exchange insane amounts of beer, seriously. Plus he like knows Tomme Arthur and shit now so he will remain my home-slice for infinity. (still kick myself in the ass daily for not jumping on a plane for that tasting)

cummingsk21 - solid dude, represents Chi-town and Wisky hard

ales4baldo - have had several exchanges and they just get better and better, don't let him scare you, he really is a fine chap. Bears, Beats, Battlestar Gallactica.

ASUbeer - righteous dude and we have developed a fairly regular partnership and friendship, plus we may hold the record for the most pages in a convo.

duketheredeemer - drops ridiculous PNW boxes and deserves my man-love many times over

and I cannot forget my Michigan trio -

spartan213 - will drink with you anytime my man

BeRanger - literally has the most bad-ass avatar in history and trades/swaps like a BOSS

jacob4999 - dude bends over backwards to get stuff for me and will always have his back

There are more, but I must stop somewhere I guess. Sorry to any I didn't mention, no offense is meant. I want to thank the 9 dudes above for making this hobby so fun and realize when we are about to do a swap I am more excited by finding stuff for you all than I am for finding stuff for myself.....and THAT is what trading should be all about. If everyone had great trade partners like y'all there would be less pollution, more unicorns and people's hearts would be full of joy.
    BeRanger, gpawned, dblab33 and 2 others like this.
  30. black13

black13 Savant (390) Oregon Apr 11, 2010

I've had the opportunity to make some great regular traders. As others have said, we tend to just send each other boxes rather than set up specific trades. All of the following are top notch traders:

Joshuaseresse- Never know what he'll send but it always awesome.
    Domtronzero- Always willing to share some of his rarities.
    Sherm1016- Always keeping me supplied with BCS.
    Vitese- While we don't trade much anymore, he's one heck of a trustee!

In addition to these regulars, I've come to trade with the following BA's and will continue to do so as they are all great:

f2brewers
    Ynot2
    Luv2brew422

Thanks for all the great beers you've bestowed upon me. Looking forward to many more great trades and mystery boxes.
    sherm1016 and domtronzero like this.
  31. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Jayblack and black13 are definitely top-notch regular trading partners. Big thanks to them over and over and over again!

Edit: jinx! (@ black13)
    CBlack85 and black13 like this.
  32. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

Thome50- Great Cali guy who has hooked me up many times with all kinds of limited and tasty Cali beers.

Knifestyles- He has gone way over the top sending me tons of great stuff.

Crushedvol- never disappoints! His boxes always amaze me.

Sendsilk- Made a trade with him for some AB Hunah and he had been cool ever since by helping my buddies and I get CCB goodies!

Thanks to all of them and the other great traders I have worked with.
  33. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I will give a bump to johndoe8. I first met him through an IP trade, but sicne then I have hung out with him at tastings and other beer events. He is all around an awesome/generous person.
    Fightthegdfight and ehammond1 like this.
  34. Adamdd is a badass BA. He's even more awesome because he's named Adam. Adamdd is a standout guy who contacted me after seeing some ISOs for KBS. This was when I was a total noob (Im only semi noob now, IMO). I sent a nine bottle shipper his way with my end of the trade and it's about to make it's fourth trip back to MI in the past six months.
    adamdd likes this.
  35. I will continue to pile on the love for leschkie. Since I met him last summer when he was at a conference in Raleigh, we've swapped boxes every other month, and my jaw is consistently on the floor whenever I'm unpacking what he's sent. Went out to the Bay Area this summer and he showed us a helluva good time complete with multiple tastings, him picking up a $200 tab at RR while I was in the bathroom, opening ridiculous bottles, and refusing any money that I tried to give him (I even gave his wife a wad of cash on the sly when they were dropping us off at the train station, thinking she'd maybe take it for him. He called my name as we walked away from the car, and I looked up to see him throw the money on the ground and drive off). Ridiculous.

I trade with Woodrow and powershour (Woody & Chris) in person all the time, and they are always super generous...they own my favorite bar and have bought me many a beer over the past couple of years. Busy Bee, check it out when in Raleigh.

My wife and I both went to school up in Boone, so we visit frequently and always pay MrPeabodysBeard a visit at Peabody's Wine & Beer...fantastic bottle shop. Chris is known to pull something lovely and hard to find out for me whenever we visit.
  36. BigTomZ

BigTomZ Savant (315) Virginia Apr 14, 2009

I've got to second on this dude. He has sent me 2 boxes so far. 1 was an actual trade, the other he sent me a bottle I was looking for and told me to send whatever I felt like back.
  37. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

bauermj--my first trade that involved shipping. Glad he took a chance on me and I loved the Zombie Dust.
    michpaul, founder 26, spartan 213--fellow Michigan BA's that always hook me up
    markintihar--I send him him Short's stuff, he sends me hoppy goodness from OH
    koflaherty--sent me an unsolicited box of greatness
    boogercrack--fucking killed it in the Bridging the Gap BIF
    guisseppeefranco--amazing box for winning his LIF
    minnesotaryan--new trading partner that hooked me up with Wet and is getting me some Darkness. I see great things in our future
    Johnb87--another new trading partner. He's here in SE Mich and hooked me up with some BBPt5th

Can't say I've had any "bad" traders so far, but these guys all stand out.
  38. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Thanks for the love, brotha. But your name should have been listed. A few times...
  39. MordorMongo- great trader, and really nice guy. He even throat punched an old lady to secure me some BCBS.

And with as many trades as I've done, I should be better at trying to make more regular partners. I think I'm just too impulsive with my trading though.
    gpawned and apocalypsezombie like this.
  40. Podunkparte (Brian) is the man. Great regular trading partner, where we don't even setup trades anymore... We just send each other awesome beer.
    podunkparte and MrKennedy like this.