1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Amazing Regular Traders - Give them a shout out!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by waltersrj, Oct 4, 2012.

1. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

I have two regular trading partners, we all 3 trade with each other and I would be fine if I never made another trade with anyone else.. we call our click Triangle Of Death/T.O.D. because we are killing each others liver..
    Pwnzilla, Washington.. incredibly generous always thinking of T.O.D.
    woodchooper, Illinois.. the true definition of a BA. He has become one of my best friends and taught me many lessons in the trading world...but mostly, "it's just beer, it's meant to be drank and shared not held hostage"..
    To both I always feel I come short of there generosity, but they still let me play in the game...
    T.O.D. RULEZ!!!
    woodchopper likes this.
  2. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (595) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

NathanJohnson: Guy kept me hooked up on the best of the Northeastern part of the country for almost 18 months, think we had about 17 trades in that time.

Irishgurl4: Christine is the best, finds extinct saisons and keeps a large contingent of Chicagoland swimming in Bruery beers.

Crosamich: Not the most regular trading partner, but always a solid guy who I've maintained a relationship with since I got into trading.

I have only had 1 negative trading experience in my time on BA, and after that I received free beers (including a flaming fury from sinstainedemon) from a couple of folks. The community is mostly full of great people.

Cheers!
    AleWatcher and rmalinowski4 like this.
  3. slentz

slentz Savant (310) Pennsylvania Mar 20, 2010

Two guys I trade with regularly are MarkIntihar and GehenHerzog both of these guys are super, overly generous in each and every way. I have had 5+ trades with each of them, each mostly open ended and always amazing. Other people I have traded with that are awesome and always send incredible stuff my way BdubleEdubleRUN, cfh64, samtallica, and dc55110. I was looking for beatification and leschkie was so generous to send me two and a box of other stuff for absolutely nothing in return! Couldn't believe this act of beer advocacy!

But to be honest everyone I have traded with so far has been great. These guys have just gone above and beyond!
  4. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

You forgot Rempo. Mark tricks you into trading and then leaves personal whales in your fridge like its a cool thing to do!
  5. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (320) California Jan 15, 2010

Alright, the aces in my book!

Mulder1010 and Mrkennedy- My AU connects which gave me half my cellar, you guys are stellar!
    Sendsilk - For my CCB stuff and being my stout guru and long random conversations.
    TimFoolery( "The Guy") - For my RR stuff, yeah buddy.
    Charliemurphy- for the all the blind boxes going back and forth
    Tooch4321- For not raping me on the midwest stuff
    MrKennedy and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Rempo is awesome, that is pretty much a given. He defines BOSS.
  7. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I know Brian and he is indeed a great guy! It's cool seeing so much love for people I know or trade with! Keep the love going guys!
  8. sherm1016

sherm1016 Savant (375) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2009

I've had many great trades, but I'll call out two people:

Black13 - Our first trade was a Darkness for some '08 BCBS. I'm not sure how many trades we've done to date, but I've probably sent out two to three cases of BCBS. He keeps my cellar full of HotD goodies, for which I am very grateful.

ablackshear - my former tasting buddy before he moved to Denver. Now he brings me back all sorts of CO goodies, and I do my best to grab him some Midwest rarities whenever they show up.

There are many other traders I've had the fortune of trading with (kevsal, mikedashg, et al.), so thanks to all.
    quirkzoo and black13 like this.
  9. MaxSpang

MaxSpang Advocate (515) Ohio Jan 28, 2011

Duff27 hooks me up with New Glarus, which deserves praise in itself, but he always goes way above and beyond and throws in some of the most ridiculous extras. Straight up an awesome, awesome trader that I can only hope to one day repay for his generosity. Plus he makes some incredible home brew.

Cheers, Chris!
    4DAloveofSTOUT and MarkIntihar like this.
  10. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

StarRaptor, Miikezombie, BigE90 (and Hoparoundnw2337) TimmyJ21, GuisseppeFranco, and Miamilice. All these guys are awesome traders. Regular trading partners are the reason I keep trading. It is like a competition to see who can send a better box to whom (and I have gotten my butt handed to me many times!).
    BigE90, StarRaptor, gpawned and 4 others like this.
  11. Ill keep it pretty simple:

Mordormongo-Without this dude i wouldnt have most of the narley beer i have in my cellar.

Schustar-Solid dude, my first trade, and keeps them coming when he can.

Send me beer now!
    gpawned likes this.
  12. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Advocate (575) Australia Dec 29, 2006

Way too kind!! I think you've probably filled an A380 full of USPS boxes in sending beer our way:)
    BdubleEdubleRUN likes this.
  13. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

I'd have to give a shout out to my most frequent regular trader, Valdieu2. He's hooked me up with some great Maine glassware and beers (as well as clothing and some vintage breweriana) in every trade from the first.
    valdieu2 likes this.
  14. I should note that I don't "trade" very often but more or less exchange beer. What I mean is, I have friends in distant lands that look for beers they know/think I will like and just send it to me and I do the same for them. I consider myself very fortunate to have these great friends. It is very rare that I do a structured trade.

So....
    Julie & Brian - Alaska
    Mouli - California
    Mark - Michigan
    Sakina - Florida
    Nick - Connecticut
    And a special shout out to my local beer swapper Jeff who drops crazy beers on me without warning.

Thank you so much guys and gals. Your friendship and generosity is amazing.
  15. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

I've been lucky enough not to have a bad trade partner yet, not many multiple or regular partners, just trade when i feel like it and can afford it. But I would have to say that the awesomeness I've experienced is a tie between Minnesota and Cali traders! Always get boxes that make my jaw drop and grin from ear to ear from the BA's in these states.
    gpawned, minnesotaryan and ehammond1 like this.
  16. valdieu2

valdieu2 Savant (320) Maine Feb 23, 2012

Returning the praise, I would have to say that Etan has always come through with great and unique beers. His extras are always first class. Never disappointed
    Etan likes this.
  17. hotpipes29

hotpipes29 Aficionado (120) Ohio Dec 22, 2008

I'm a big fan of ThomasHardy when he was around more and Jeffo. Continuously stellar boxes and great communication. Urbancaver has gone above and beyond in the past on including me in his many beer runs

Cheers
    Eric B
    claaark13 likes this.
  18. polisanl

polisanl Savant (250) Florida Aug 6, 2010

Holy smoke!! Dude, you rock and you don't even know it...thank you for refreshing my memory.

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/iso-an-old-trading-buddy.42494/
    claaark13 and sendsilk like this.
  19. sendsilk

sendsilk Savant (490) Florida Aug 31, 2007

I have been very fortunate to have so many great trade partners. To name a few of the very best:

Nicks6217- great guy and good trade partner. We talk way too much about beer!
    Marine1975 - once again, a Great guy and solid partner
    Bdige- super generous trader and personable guy.
    Scoot1969- trade with him if at all possible!! Super guy/trader.
    Urbancaver- Cam's a good guy
    So many others.....barrythebear, camil1mj, mulder1010, bige90, dudeabide, sean1969, drummermattie02, mordormongo, ehammond, kuhndog, stoutfest, dsgolovin, so many others. If I missed you I am sorry, send me a bm and I will send you some beer.

Thanks guys,
    Matt
  20. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (235) Kansas May 16, 2010

I'll gladly add to the list of great trading partners. Frankly, I'm very shocked that Biglobo8971 hasn't been mentioned at least a dozen times by now... BT's about as SOLID as they come and he doesn't hoard the Surly goodness that keeps me sane. I'll gladly trade with any of the fellas and back them if it's ever needed.

Biglobo8971
    FosterJM
    trxxpaxxs
    Kegatron
    mrbubbler
    Slentz
    Montrose79
    RSchaeffer
  21. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Aw, mike made a shirtless guy blush.
    Seriously though, the last box mikecharley sent me was intense. Still waiting to open that Splinter Blue you sent. I think it's happening in November with tons of other sour beer. He's an awesome trader!
  22. Can't agree with this more. Scott got me into the trading game and has been beyond generous since.
    gpawned likes this.
  23. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

ive had the pleasure of trading with plenty of great, generous BAs but i'll shout out:

erikkoppin
    gcphilli
    therobot
    carolinakevin
    biglobo
    CarolinaKevin and biglobo8971 like this.
  24. mulder1010

mulder1010 Initiate (0) Australia Aug 29, 2008

In a really different position as live abroad and shipping to and from here is a bit of a pain financially.
    Have to thank domestically here in Australia MrKennedy as have done some pretty out there trades to Europe and the US. Also Bluebetty for some of the crazy Euro stuff have seen here
    Internationally---- Forgetfu, Sendsilk, Readbaron, and Baggio for all their help and such wonderful beers.
    Big thanks to Nicks6217. Amazing trader and person. Never would have thought a simple trade for some Maui beers would lead to this. Has done so much for a bunch of us here in Australia.
    sendsilk likes this.
  25. sendsilk, woodchopper and LaChupacabra are off the chains!!!!!! Just good people all the way round!
    woodchopper likes this.
  26. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I totally forgot to give a shout out to my 3 BIF traders who sent me awesome boxes. All 3of them werea part of Round 1 and 2 of Cam's Unwanted Whales.

Seeswo, bauermj, and jbeatty all sent ridiculous extras with the already ridiculous whales. Thanks a ton guys! Keep this BA love going.
  27. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Everyone I trade with is awesome , some just kill me with extras ..

My cellar thanks each and every one of you !
  28. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

shout out to shmeal and litheum94!
  29. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Thanks man! I have to call out Nogidrew86, Romulux, and Seeswo as well!
  30. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 28, 2008

Thanks Sam, u are no slouch yourself. Just wish u wouldn't keep pushing me to "check out my blog, bro" :)........kidding

Tewaris and johndoe8 have already been mentioned and they certainly deserve it!

I will add a few more. bombadil, BCGabbo, dudeabide, midaszero and 7ways.

Two guys deserve special mention:

Avaldivia, my go-to RR guy. He recently was diagnosed as being Gluten Intolerant(Oh, cruel fate!)

Alexander, great trader and even better dude. His Mom is very sick and deserves some positive BA Karma.
    tewaris likes this.
  31. Shmeal

Shmeal Savant (495) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I thought I said "brah" instead of "bro" :)
  32. shout out to Boltz7555 (Jason). We only did 2 trades so far, but I think we are both very happy about the trades and will probably become regular! Cheers my friend!
    cavedave likes this.
  33. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (405) Texas Dec 15, 2010

I only have ONE regular trading partner, and frankly... that's all I need. He's a MA BA(seriously, that state gets some wicked distribution), and has hooked me up with all the beers I've ever really craved.

Shout out to my bud, Carl(cbeer88). Surprised no one else has mentioned him... he's one of the most generous guys out there!
    Sidebordz and ASUBeer like this.
  34. azureoval

azureoval Savant (400) California Jan 25, 2010

Thank you sir, I just saw this thread and was going to add your name to the list. Brew33 is a very generous and stress free trader.
  35. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

Thank you man! Shout out to you too!

Add in GennyCreamAle and LiquidBread219!
  36. Lots of great trades on BA so far

shout out to Olympuszymurgus for old school connections

trxxpaxxs for new BFF for EVAR

and Rempo cause he kills it
  37. Jim/JRSD - My Reserve Society trustee. Not only has he been great about getting me my beers this year, but he hooked me up with a FW12 back at the beginning of the year. I've got to find a few bottles to put in the 12 bottle shipper we've been sending back and forth.

Tim/FunkyMacGroovin - First met him when we were both living in Boston and volunteering at BA fests. Now I'm down in NJ and he's over in Cali and we exchange boxes every once in a while. Just this week a box from him landed with a couple T25s and a Beatification among others. That'll get paid back soon enough.
  38. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Aficionado (215) Oregon Feb 21, 2012

libbey, i see a lot of IP trades in our future.
    libbey likes this.
  39. for sure!
  40. futura123

futura123 Savant (330) California Jul 29, 2010

A big hug for you too, bro. You hooked me up with all my top wants beer and always understand, assist, and give a hand in challenging time. You are not only my trade partner but my life buddy too.

Also, shout out for leschkie. Your generosity never stops impressing me. Now I have to think really hard to return your favor. Maybe one of your top want beer? ;)
    gpawned and Thehuntmaster like this.