1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Amazing Regular Traders - Give them a shout out!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by waltersrj, Oct 4, 2012.

1. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

I've got a few great regular partners: GuisseppeFranco, weaksauce, Rusty18 and BrokenStones. Lots of great beers have gone across the country in both directions. Those guys have been fantastic in giving me access to beers that I would not have had otherwise. I hope I've done the same for them.

I'm always looking for more partners. Bonus points if you're across the pond. More bonus points if you're in Belgium, or close. If you're interested in great beers from the Pacific NW, let me know.

Cheers to my guys, and to all of the other great BA's that have been named on this thread.
    gpawned likes this.
  2. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Hey, you looking for another life buddy? ;)
  3. I only have two "regular" partners, csano and Ungertaker. Both have been great by sending me some really cool stuff w/out even caring what they get in return. Other guys who have been overly generous are landhoney and oldp0rt (gave me a Fou Foune as an extra because he wound up not having to pay for shipping to NY from CA because we met IP at the HF Harvest Fest). Another guy who I'm doing my 2nd trade with is DenverBeerDrinker, 12 bottle shipper being traded with only a few known beers. Really looking forward to that one.
    brooklynbrews, gpawned, csano and 2 others like this.
  4. Oh and for those two reg partners, I got your boxes picked out. Dan, yours will go out Tuesday Chris, yours on the 15th like usual.
    csano likes this.
  5. valdieu2

valdieu2 Savant (320) Maine Feb 23, 2012

I gotta give props to Divineaudio. Always on the same page and always fair. Great trader.
    divineaudio likes this.
  6. wintbs379

wintbs379 Savant (290) Michigan Mar 13, 2009

First I want to mention 2 great trading partners, one on each coast:

aekoops in CA

csbinva in VA

Both are regular partners who do a helluva job filling a box and letting me enjoy it.

But I also want to mention 3 great drinking partners here in Michigan. 3 guys who without them I'd still have a limited amount of beer that I would have been able to try. These guys go out of there way to trade for some great stuff and have zero qualms about sharing with the other guys in the group. They brought me into their group a little over a year ago when I didn't have much to share, but they didn't care. I hope that in the time I've known them that I have been able to return even just a percentage of the great stuff they've shared with me.

Romulux - Ron
    camil1mj - Mike
    tjohn2401 - Tim

If you ever get a chance to have a beer with one of these guys, I highly recommend it!
    oldp0rt and camil1mj like this.
  7. Agreed, JAYBLACK is a great trading partner. Very generous BA
    domtronzero likes this.
  8. camil1mj

camil1mj Savant (405) Michigan Oct 4, 2010

Wintbs379 has gone from being the student to the teacher in our group. He also deserves a big thanks. Not only as a beer drinking buddy, but as a trading partner as well. He is alway more than willing to do quick swap with some of his awesome beer from his cellar. A true gentleman and a scholar even if he does like the best running back U of M has ever had.
    wintbs379 likes this.
  9. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

I don't trade to often, and most of my trades are with friends that aren't on BA. Even so I have some great partners that I'd like to call out.

Holland - Awesome BA that I trade with every time he flies into Chicago. We always try to hit each other's wants and he always goes the extra mile to get some good stuff. We've done a bunch of trades and each one is better than the next.

Gushue3 - This guy was my first trade and we've done a bunch since then. Always a stand up guy and we always try to get awesome boxes out to each other.
  10. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

I grew up with this guy(Leschkie) and he hasn't changed one bit. possibly the best guy I know on the board.
    gpawned likes this.
  11. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Advocate (650) New York Mar 5, 2010

I must have missed this thread earlier, but big ups to:

leschkie, libbey, manversusbeer, vegasbeerman, and jeepcop.

They all kill it every time.
    libbey and gpawned like this.
  12. My main hookups - wordemupg and ZorPrime. I refuse to stop dealing with these fine gents.
  13. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (595) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

You two (lurchingbeast and Romulux) and dvelcich.

Between you guys, I don't have to worry about how to land something... it just makes its way to me! :)

Cheers guys!
  14. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

dc55110. He's the man, and he's really good at sending me beers that I want to try, but neglect to put up ISO's for. Mind reader!
    gpawned, dc55110 and MarkIntihar like this.
  15. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

Shit I left out Franklinn. Well he's a great duder and he's Franklinn dammit!!!!
    gpawned and franklinn like this.
  16. franklinn

Jeff ain't to shabby of a guy himself!^
  17. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I have to stop a moment here and thank one insanely awesome BA (again) who has sent me yet another box of glory. Each beer within was totally awesome, nailed some wants and you can flat out tell he puts thought into what he sends each and every time. He is what immediately comes to mind when I think of "stellar BA".....so thanks again huskermike12, you sir are fucking top notch!
    LoPo87, gpawned and franklinn like this.
  18. franklinn

Mike is a killer trader, knocked my socks off in a trade for a few HF growlers!
    gpawned likes this.
  19. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2009

I give it up to my 2 regulars. I dont see either post actively but they always hook me up with boxes!! actone2001 & chickencoop
  20. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Adding wintbs379 to my list!
  21. There aren't too many BAs that I have done more than 3 trades with (for one reason or another) but those that I have, I have done so for a reason.

Robbiemoy13
    korguy123
    hoppypocket

I would put my own beer on the line to vouch for any of these traders.
  22. zeledonia

zeledonia Advocate (525) Minnesota Nov 23, 2008

Gotta give a shoutout to my amazing NC trade partner, n2185. Last year, I sent him a surprise box right when Abrasive came out. Two days later, I got an unexpected box from him. Huh? Turned out we'd both sent surprise boxes, and they'd crossed paths going across the country. Awesome. And he hooks me up with amazing beers. He once threw a Westy 12 in a mixed box (one of those "send me whatever" trades), covered with foil and labeled as "homebrewed rice lager".
  23. Scotchboy

Scotchboy Advocate (500) Idaho Dec 7, 2010

laymansbeerfan never ceases to amaze me with what he sends and the generosity with which he trades. His recent birthday box to me knocked me on my butt it was so cool.

schwaeh is a great trader and the first guy to officially trade with me here on BA. Always a special place in your heart for your first...

sstorck hooks me up with awesome RS beers from down in Rue-land, so I keep getting to try INSANE beers that I never thought I'd have a chance to get.

All of these guys are awesome and worth the price of admission if you ever get the chance to trade with them.
    laymansbeerfan likes this.
  24. Laymansbeerfan is such a generous trader/BA/friend. I heard about the bday box, glad to hear you enjoyed it.
    laymansbeerfan and Scotchboy like this.
  25. These guys all kill it! Steimie, NWer, match1112, some seriously insane boxes. gotta get some good boxes built for these guys.
    laymansbeerfan, match1112 and libbey like this.
  26. Major shout out to HopHead84. On our 7th trade, he included 7 extras, all of them embarrassing in their generosity.
    stawn likes this.
  27. inlimbo77

A great trader, great communicator and besides the fact that he's a Phillies fan... A hell of a nice guy! ;)
    We have traded 4 times and he's been generous everytime.
  28. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

you put a mighty fine box together yourself!
  29. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Damn right he does.
  30. Dude is ridiculous; similar story about visiting and sharing beers. Guy is super generous and will always help anyone out. He also specifically holds things aside b/c he wants me to try them.

Scotchboy is a kickass regular partner too. Never a worry about what he sends.. always kills it. Guy specifically holds things aside b/c he wants me to try them.

Spdkilz wrecks me. Super generous and goes above and beyond to help.

MikeyMikee just makes me feel like a jerk sometimes. Fantastic with hooking me up if I ever need something in his area.

ratedz can make it seem like I'm sending BMC light in comparison sometimes. Man is crazy generous and specifically holds things aside b/c he wants me to try them.

I'm lucky as hell to know the people I do. Cheers guys!
    SpdKilz and Scotchboy like this.
  31. Don't kid yourself, you're way too generous. Also, we have beers to drink. Soon.
  32. Gotta shout out to csbinva and sil1. Awesome and really generous traders.
    Cheers
  33. tylermains

tylermains Savant (305) Kentucky Apr 6, 2010

The only real regular I have is BrettbdubleEdubleRun. He's pretty awesome. I've sorta faded from the BA trading community over the last few months but this guy is great.
    YaKnowBrady and brooklynbrews like this.
  34. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

match1112 and djmichaelk both crushed me in recent BIFS. Not regular trading partners... not yet that is. Look forward to trading with both of these fine BA's and sharing some west coast goodness.
  35. adamdd

adamdd Savant (330) Michigan May 9, 2011

Adam's of the world unite! FPM (aka the other Adam) is an excellent trader of beer. I'm glad he's kept track of how many trades we have made, because I lost track a long time ago. Boxes show up, boxes get shipped back refilled with good beer. Unpack, repack, and repeat.
    I'll also give a shout out to my other Colorado connection, waltonc. Everytime I think the beer I've sent him will be close to equaling what he sends in return, he throws in some ridiculous extras. These two guys get first dibs on anything I pick up. Having awesome regular trading partners is one of the things that makes this little hobby fun.
  36. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

Top of my list is coreymcafee. Even considering he is a fellow Denver local, I have yet to ever see him that he doesn't hand me a freaking beer off my wants. (Friday was a Berserker!!!) That doesn't even cover our trades. ALWAYS overdoes it.

Also, he's been mentioned multiple times here, but it is hard to consider Woodchopper a trader. He is more of a beer SENDER. He just sneaks questions about favorites you might want to try, and then sends you a box of 12 including 2 of that beer. It's not really trading. That guy SOOOOO gets it.

I have to give credit to the guy I trustee for Crooked Stave, jp7161. Freaking guys says "Just sending you a couple thank you treats" and then the box makes me feel like he is MY trustee. Great great trader and guy.
    woodchopper and franklinn like this.
  37. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Cocoapuph and inebriatedjoker have become not only good traders and BA's to me, but also solid friends.

Cheers.
  38. Pelican5

Pelican5 Savant (310) California Feb 4, 2012

InebriatedJoker is top notch.
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  39. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Aw shucks , Thanks guys ..You both are solid traders yourselves- Always look forward to your box's.

Kris is as solid as they come , I think we text each other at least four times a week just to talk beer and how good Ohio State is ..
  40. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Aw shucks , Thanks guys ..You both are solid traders yourselves- Always look forward to your box's.

Kris is as solid as they come , I think we text each other at least four times a week just to talk beer and how good Ohio State is ..