1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Amazing Regular Traders - Give them a shout out!

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by waltersrj, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (355) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

The only Ohio talk this guy is doing is about how much of a turd Urban is. Go Blue!!
  2. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (800) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

Hahahahaaa, I thought that would get you to respond ...guess we will find out at the end of the season ..
  3. cocoapuph

cocoapuph Savant (380) California Mar 4, 2011

Thanks man! Been awesome trading with you over the past year. Can't wait till the next!
  4. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Wow lots of love here

TOD is where it all starts
    Pwnzilla is Freaking amazing solid guy always has something fun.
    Xxcarpxx dude has me hooked on good people dipa Snake handler always the southern connection!
    It seems like we Dont even trade any more boxes just appear! TOD forever!

Bunzilla good as they get hooked me up with bottle after bottle of beer! When i got shut out on DLD tixs he shows up at black party with a pair and say you looking for these. No strings attached we go to release after release together his dad is awesome as well 80 yrs old and can tell you more about beer and wine than most people i know! Always looking to party with them!

Gklover1 wow where to start...... Dude makes things happen wanted some rumpkin and other
    xxcarpxx likes this.
  5. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

sorry fat fingered that one on my crackberry

Gklover1 Im not really sure what to say here this guy is nuts with finding me beers i have been looking for. Cant say enough good things about him. He's always stalking my threads saying wait you have one coming to you.....

Marine1975 this dude knows what's up in the beer world always looking to share the beer love.always helping someone drink better. Cant wait to drink with him again soon!

Colorado crew that rolls with gklover1 show amazing hospitality to a complete stranger during GABF. Attended amazing tastings with them.... I won't forget whale fest anytime soon!

I am not really very good at this but all these guys i just cant say enough good things about. All have been amazing and are as solid as they come in the beer world.
    gklover1 and xxcarpxx like this.
  6. There are so many great BAs. Hopburster, jodan, johnsaulrubio, rhong187, bstyle, kelton! To many to list! That is a good problem to have.
  7. I have to give a shout out to Steasy66! This guy has been an awesome trader and just an all around kick ass guy! I cant wait to cave in his front porch with a suprise box one day soon!
  8. ediaz

ediaz Savant (315) Florida Nov 23, 2011

Huskermike12: first trade, reached out to me with advice which turned into a cOmpletely unrelated trade from the OP. stand up guy and was a great learning experience.

DovaliHops: another student on here, great guy. Embarrassed me with extras, all of which were fantastic. Now I can't drink sours except for RR, which isn't a problem except I'm in fla.

Markintihar: hooked it up with some KBS for little in return just because he had some "laying around" and wanted to make my day I think. I appreciate it, I gifted one to a friend to pay it forward. The other 3 were amazing :)

PthPndr: the guy who showed me what craft beer is all about. Thanks for everything!
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  9. Just a warning to 3 of my regular go to guys. Support your porches. I have been out of the game a bit due to surgery, but that doesnt mean I havent been putting beer aside for you.
  10. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (235) Kansas May 16, 2010

I did a quick scan of the names on here and I'm quite shocked that Sean9689 hasn't been mentioned that I could see. I just completed my first trade with him (yes, I realize this is a thread for repeat trading partners) but if that trade was any indication, he most definitely deserves to be on here! Sean blew up my front porch with amazing extras and I'd gladly trade with him again!
  11. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

By chance did you hire a professional photographer to take pics of the bottles?
    Etan, claaark13 and Steimie like this.
  12. Harrymel. I have traded twice and been more than happy. I hope he feels the same. I will probably hit him up again soon and see if he wants to trade again. It's nice tO have a tradIng partner with access to abyss.
    Lawrence you rock
  13. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (615) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Grumpyjunglist! Dude rocked my sox with both boxes he's sent me so far and the stuff he's been saving for my third box are just as epic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yeah I dont think I need to say anything else, dude is fucking awesome​
    Lordkrystic, Shilt and cocoapuph like this.
  14. Scoot1969

Scoot1969 Aficionado (185) Michigan Dec 13, 2008

Just saw this thread & had to throw a couple of shout outs to some of the absolute best of the best from my experience. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have developed great trading relationships & friendships with sendsilk, csachter, maltmilkshake & hamilton23. I've honestly not had any "bad traders" thankfully, but these guys are all absolutely top notch. I had no idea how much fun I'd have doing this when I started trading a couple of years ago!!
    hamilton23 and sendsilk like this.
  15. Alright I was going to start a new thread, but realized this would be an appropriate place for this. Not a regular trading partner but I will regularly be sending him boxes to try and make up for this awesomeness. Set up a trade with match1112 for some BCBS, all he told me he wanted was $4$ of good tasting beer. Freaking guy sent 21 bottles of extras, mostly wants and vintage stuff as well. Guy is world class. Also some of the best packaging I have ever seen and I have no idea how you fit that many bottles in 1 box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was just some recent insane generosity that I had to share.
    Everyone I have traded with has been awesome and I am proud to call them all friends. I've been fortunate to be trading with such a great group of guys.
  16. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (585) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

Yeah match1112 is pretty insane.

I would also like to mention millerbuffoon... while I haven't traded much with him, whenever I have, I have been more than impressed by the quality he sends. First class.
    ehammond1 and match1112 like this.
  17. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

I thought the Super Brew 15 really pulled the box together. Shelf Whalez Bro!
    franklinn, davey101 and ehammond1 like this.
  18. Might open that one tonight. It's cloudy and drizzling, with football on, sounds perfect. whalez,bro
    ehammond1 likes this.
  19. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Silentjay is still the best trader I have dealt with. Once sent me a 60-70 pound box of beer that was out of this world; every one of his boxes is top notch.

Other amazing traders: rbradley, frankenbrew, robbiemoy13, Spartan213, Raymo55, and ChiTownPackFan. I know I am missing others off the top of my head.
  20. sendsilk

sendsilk Savant (490) Florida Aug 31, 2007

I mentioned Sean in my thread, he's a seriously great trade partner.

Matt
  21. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (235) Kansas May 16, 2010

sean1969...

That's why I didn't see it. :)
  22. sendsilk

sendsilk Savant (490) Florida Aug 31, 2007

Lol, my screw up! Thinking of Scoot1969 made me get the numbers wrong.
  23. BigE90

BigE90 Aficionado (235) Washington Mar 19, 2011

vande - one of most fun revolving/random box trades
    Ungertaker - Always look forward to our next IP
    sendsilk - very generous
    JAXSON - Incredible
    wsucoug96 - Nice guy even though he is a Coug!
    Ungertaker likes this.
  24. harrymel

harrymel Initiate (0) Washington Dec 15, 2010

All you gotta do is drop a line! And yes, the reciprocity is appreciated.
  25. Couldn't agree more. He put together and sent out this killer box in record time on our first trade. Thanks again Ryan!!
    [​IMG]
  26. stawn

stawn Savant (315) California Sep 16, 2008

I have two regular trading partners, which we don't even work out trades anymore. Just randomly send boxes back and forth. Biniek13 and Alexander will always be top notch in my book!
  27. Dat

Dat Savant (340) Texas Aug 5, 2007

I've seen his name a few times in this thread already, but it's worth mentioning again that huskermike12 is a class act all the way.

Mike literally blew my socks off this morning (ok, I was barefoot) when I found a box at my door that included what some may classify as whales or at least a gray whale, wants and many beers that I can not obtain here. I tip my glass to you my friend! Salude!
    huskermike12 likes this.
  28. AtlCarl

AtlCarl Aficionado (125) Georgia Feb 1, 2011

I can't think of many people I haven't enjoyed trading with, but my regular kickass trading partner is tat2dhllblly. Just an all around awesome guy!
  29. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

I love that this thread is still going! Keep it up guys.
  30. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (435) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I actually came here to post that Dat and MordorMongo are both awesome traders. I just noticed that they mentioned me as well which is very humbling. Mutual admiration society I guess. I think everyone on BA has probably traded with Scott, but Dat is relatively new to the trading game I believe and he has hooked me up every chance he gets. Definately two of the good guys! :D
  31. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

Just saw this thread:

Shout out to SilentJay. The guy looked like hell with the flu back last winter and drove from Boston to my hotel in New Hampshire to hand deliver a case of Heady Topper goodness and do a trade. Also sent some HF goodies on another occasion.

Mordormongo, Biglobo & SteelersX - It's always nice to have guys to trade with that you can just send them what they want and not worry about what you're going to get back. Always great extras and loaded boxes. Very very generous

Tenchi - super generous west-coaster.

Romulux - gave me free beer tickets at a Shorts Tap Takeover just for hearing me talk about BA on the way out. Turns out he's well known around here and a good guy. I still owe him a beer!

DBlab - met him after an in-person trade and is one of the nicest guys Ive met on BA and talk to on a regular basis. With that said, our whole group of regular Detroit BA's are all stand-up guys.
  32. divineaudio

divineaudio Savant (400) Michigan Dec 7, 2009

Likewise, sir.
  33. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (360) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

How did I miss out on this thread?

SpdKilz, Hodgin, cardinal79, Rempo, and rfraga77. I've made multiple trades with them all and they are all high quality traders.

With all the Cantillon I've dished out...I want to be on someone's list. :(
  34. founder26

founder26 Savant (450) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

Really like the idea of this thread, great way to give shout outs and see what awesome BA'ers we have here! here is my list of my top traders from IP/local friends to out of state BA's
    1. Finebeerguy- great great guy, hooked me up with some shorts brews I really wanted to try and I really appreciated it, also have had the pleasure to attend a few tastings with derek and he busted out some incrediable brews (and chronic brownies :p)

2. Michpaul- another great guy that has done quite a few IP trades with me and attending quite a few tastings/events with me, look foward to more bud!

3. Genuinedisciple- very generous BA, hooks you up big so don't miss out trading with him, can't say enough good stuff about him, also have attending a few tastings with him and he didn't hold back with the big beers.

4. jbck109- only done 1 IP trade but he is still a cool ass dude, great trader, very generous!

5. Steimi- only 1 trade but he shipped first and really hooked me up, would love to trade with him more!

6. jawneyt- my hook up for heady/VT beers, well at least he was :( sadly he moved but he was such a great trader, seriously bro we need to do another trade!

7. Marisatheyounger- My cali girl! lol she has hooked me up big a great great trader!
  35. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (790) New York Dec 13, 2009

although my list of names i'd like to mention here is too long (just check history anyone that i've traded with a few times pretty much gets a gold star - http://cosmicevan.blogspot.com/2011/04/completed-trades.html) i have to pile on about Dat. Really goes above and beyond and is way more about spreading the wealth than even making a trade. all of my dealings with Dat have been goandpickitupformebro and Dat has always been uber generous and picked up beers that he could easily trade for monsters...just because he wanted to lend a hand. a true advocate of good beer.
  36. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I might have mentioned him in an earlier post, but gotta pile on more love for HuskerMike. He knows why. Great last box, buddy :D
    Dat likes this.
  37. A shout out to some extremely generous and all around good people

Axic10 - Alex is the shit...as good a person as he is a trader

JPMCCLAUG - It's been awhile, but Jason's a good dude. Happy nuptials once again!

URWITHDAVE - I credit Dave with helping foster my man love for Cigar City

SENDSILK - Who sends a guy a growler of BA Hunahpu as a congratulations for having twins? This guy

LIBBEY - Did you really use my Adam review in your store?

LESCHKIE - Guess it's all been said by others :)

MYSPOONISTOOBIG - Mike is as generous as they come

MADTOWNDMB1 - Kyle's a good guy to drink beer with, loves to share, and his Adam love rivals my own ;)

I've had many great trades, but these guys define advocacy. I'm not sure we've ever talked dollars or rarity and I can really appreciate that. Cheers guys!
    libbey and MarkIntihar like this.
  38. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I want to give another shout out to Scott (MordorMongo)

His generosity is really amazing. A pleasure to chat with, and a pleasure to exchange beers with.

Also, FalconA. We've only done one trade so far, but are holding beers for each other until the spring when weather will be agreeable enough for a cross country trade. Always brings a smile to my face when I get a message from him: "Oh, I saw [insert highly sought after PWN brew here] at my local bottle shop and picked up an extra one, if you're interested." Hell yes I am.
    Steimie and libbey like this.