1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

American Craft Beer Fest: Brewers (... so far)

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Jason and I are stoked to announce the initial list of brewers for American Craft Beer Fest on May 31 + June 1 at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston, MA.

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/beer

Subject to change, but we're at 125+ brewers now and hope to add a handful more; focusing on out-of-state/market brewers. We anticipate 600+ beers to be pouring during all 3 sessions and 5,000 attendees per session. It'll be our most diverse and largest ACBF so far.

Tickets are on sale now: http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/tickets

Hope to see many of you there!

Cheers!

(PS - We'll be accepting volunteer requests soon.)

vanessa27 likes this.
  2. Jeebus! Where you going to put all of them?

And glad to see that Trillium can make it (from all the across the parking lots ;) )

3. bfg75

bfg75 Aficionado (235) Washington Feb 26, 2011

For anyone who has gone before is Friday's session better/more chill than tbe Saturday evening session? Past festivals I've been to seemed to be more of a shitshow on Saturday night...

4. How fast do you think tickets are going to sell out for this? and are all the brewers listed going to be there for each session? really want to hit up lawsons

5. Todd

Personally, I've never noticed a huge difference between the sessions, but Saturday night can be a bit more lively. Some people like that. Others don't.

6. Todd

Hard to tell how fast tickets will sell, but they'll be available for a while. I don't recommend sitting on the fence too long though.

The brewers listed will be at all 3 sessions.

7. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

We have the space, there is sections of the hall we have not used in the past that may open up.

RayYanks23 likes this.
  8. VDODSON

VDODSON Savant (310) North Dakota Feb 5, 2013

Damn, wish I could go to this but will be in ms.

9. I have my tickets.
    Midwest brewers to add? 3 Floyds, Founders, Flat 12 and Greenbush...

Glickj and LauriLovesYou like this.
  10. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Great list! Woyld like to see HF and Surly. Love that Sean Lawson always makes the trip! Good luck to triple play in the elite 8 ! Also cannot wait for some fresh Be Hoppy from Wormtown and beers from duck rabbit and fiftyfifty.

MattXT likes this.
  11. This is a GREAT fest! I have been before and hope to be able to go this year!

12. I've been on hiatus from volunteering do to family issues but hope to be back for this one.

13. vanessa27

vanessa27 Disciple (55) Maryland Sep 6, 2011

I had a great time volunteering last year and I'm really looking forward to this year's fest! It was definitely worth the trip from Maryland and my boyfriend and I will be back!

14. MattXT

MattXT Advocate (630) Massachusetts Nov 23, 2010

I've got a group of at least 5 people that will be attending Session B. We're all pretty excited!!

JSBILK likes this.
  15. I've got 12 coming from PA / NJ / NY / New England...Building on a smaller group when we went for our first time last year...Everyone had such an awesome time, we went out and spread the gospel and got 8 more...

We'll be bar hopping around Cambridge on Friday night and hope to see some other Session B folks out there as well!

Any updates on bringing in some additional out-of-region breweries?

16. Indeed... I hope you've invited back The Livery! I miss 'em!

17. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Ughhhhh...I've hit every one since 2009 and can't make it this year. Stupid out of state weddings

18. The lineup looks stellar as usual, but $47.50 per...? Seems a couple of years ago it was in the $30-$35 range. Could the Seaport venue be the cause? Just curious...will probably fork it over, anyway....

19. Friend just tipped me off that the brewers page on the acbf site is filling out with beer lists...Thought I would share the love / info:

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/beer

Being the oak lover that I am, can't wait to try Stone Toasted Oak and the oak monster coming out of Element...

20. From what I can remember, the ticket price hasn't changed much since 2009. The experience is well worth the price.

21. Todd

Tickets were never in that range. They've been $40-$45 range + ticket fees for 6 years now. The costs involved with hosting and promoting a fest this size are massive + we pay for the beer and brewer booth/union fees.

22. I'm attending this festival for the first time and I'm coming up from NC and my family is coming from CT. We bought tickets to Session A and C, but it seems that session B is all anyone is talking about.

Is there something I don't know?

23. Lots of folks make a day/night of it. They come in town for an early lunch, go to the fest, then go out for dinner and drinks after.

24. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

The list is getting very close to being finalized, over 500 beers now.

NERAX will have a booth with 6 different firkins TBD.

BrittEBurke, Todd and csniezek like this.
  25. It's simply a matter of logistics for me. I work Friday nights and I can get a ride to/from on sat day. Plus, I have enough time to sober up before bed. (Although I usually keep drinking 'til then)

26. Todd/Jason, when will the beer list updates be final?

27. Todd

It's final now; subject to change/availability.

Burkbom23 likes this.
  28. thanks..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.