1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

American Craft Beer Fest: Tickets go on sale Feb 1 @ 12pm EST

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

2. dawatts

dawatts Savant (315) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

3. dawatts

dawatts Savant (315) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

I got mine! Thanks Todd & Jason. Cant wait!

4. Second year in a row tickets ordered and printed by 12:01! :D Now the anticipation will get me through the rest of the winter!

dawatts likes this.
  5. mklisz

mklisz Advocate (620) New Hampshire Dec 31, 2010

Just bought tickets to the Saturday afternoon session, see you there.

6. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Advocate (605) Florida Feb 6, 2007

Never been before. Thinking of going to the Sat evening session. My fear is most of the good stuff will be gone by then. Is that true? Is the Friday evening session a better choice?

7. HattedClassic

HattedClassic Savant (465) Virginia Nov 23, 2009

Have done both the Friday and Saturday evening session for Beerfest 2012, you do run the risk of a brewer running out of a certain beer by Saturday evening but they usually have enough on stock for the whole event. The risk you run for the Friday session is that a certain beer might not be available on that night.

8. I would say Friday would be the better choice as while some the breweries do allocate X number of kegs for each session, some of premium stuff does run out early. Personally I prefer the Saturday day session, the night ones can get a little rowdy as they tend to have a younger crowd who are there to drink as many as they can as fast as they can. Seem to recall reading on here that a Sat night session got shut down by police one year.

9. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

I went to the Saturday evening session last year. Not sure what I might have missed out on but I did get to try Goose Island BCBS Coffee and a bunch of offerings from Lawson's. There is so much beer being offered that you can't not have a good time finding good beer.

edit: Also, if you plan on taking a cab to leave the festival I recommend leaving either a little early and/or walk a few blocks away. Last year we left the evening session at 9:30 and it was chaos outside. We walked down 3 or 4 blocks and were able to get a taxi without a problem.

10. Just make a list of what you want to hit, line up early and tick them all before it get's filled to capacity.

You'll do fine. There's like 500+ beers.

11. UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo Site Editor (955) Massachusetts Sep 11, 2002 Staff Member

As far as I know, no session has ever been shut down by the Police, and I have attended all of them.

12. Todd

None of this is true. For the most part, the sessions are identical. None of our fests have ever been shut down either; not even close.

13. malfunxion

malfunxion Savant (420) New York Dec 14, 2012

600+ craft beers seems so crazy, what size pours do the vendors generally do?

14. abraxel

abraxel Savant (385) Michigan Aug 28, 2009

About 2 oz, though the exact amount depends on the pourer and the beer. You might only get one ounce of a really strong beer, or you might get your cup filled to the rim (maybe 4 ounces?) if the pourer is feeling generous.

Regardless, you won't be able to drink 600+ samples, if that's what you're wondering :)

15. Just got tickets for Saturday night.

16. Todd

Not when you need to pour for 5,000 people per session.

Pour size is 2ozs or less; MA state law.

UncleJimbo likes this.
  17. lcramer

lcramer Aspirant (40) Massachusetts Aug 15, 2011

I want to volunteer for this festival. When will you have sign-ups?
    Lauren

18. Todd

Probably sometime in March. We'll make an announcement when it happens.

notjustgc likes this.
  19. is there any way to know how many tickets are available still? I'm trying to make this my bachelor party and several people are dragging their feet on if they can go or not. I don't recall it selling out super quick in the past (this is my 4th visit) but i want to make sure.

20. Todd

You've got time ...

21. Thanks Todd!

22. First ever beer festival I attended. Not only were the beers delicious, but it was a great chance to network with some other BAs for future trades.

23. Jason

Jason Founder (1,340) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Just an FYI, if you are looking to go to the Saturday afternoon session get your tickets soon ... there are less than 500 left and I doubt they'll last more than a couple weeks, perhaps less.

http://beeradvocate.com/acbf/tickets

Todd likes this.
  24. Todd

Session B is now SOLD OUT. Tickets for A & C are still available.

25. Jason

Jason Founder (1,340) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

FYI. Less than 50 tickets for Session C ...

26. UpstateBrew

UpstateBrew Aspirant (25) New York May 27, 2013

Hey Jason - Any chance you know where we could pick up tickets for session B? Three of us are coming in from Upstate NY for the day and would love to attend.

27. Jirin

Jirin Savant (335) Massachusetts Apr 28, 2013

I'm going to this. I went to it last year too.

28. You can troll the line the day of looking for tickets. Dicey proposition...Would say your best bet is to look at Craigslist specific to Boston area...Of course, the fest tickets are named and non transferrable so you're not supposed to sell them, so...:) (Just putting that out there if you don't get a response from the organizers...)

29. Oh...and there is a forum here specific to buying / selling tickets...

30. Todd

We're sold out online, but if we release any tickets at the door we'll make an announcement in the forums and on Twitter. Door tickets will be first come, first served.

You can try here too: http://beeradvocate.com/community/forums/beer-tickets.62/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.