1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

American Traveller to Stockholm

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by ChicagoJohn, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I'm a 25 year old American who travels to Stockholm frequently for business. I come about once a month or every other month.

I was wondering if there was anyone in the Stockholm area willing to trade beer or even just get together to own a pint? I live in Chicago and have extremely good access to most beers and occasionally to rare beers as well.

Thank you,

John

2. Do you ever go to Malmö perhaps? It's rare I get all the way up to Stockholm.

3. Unfortunately no. My business is normally only within the Stockholm area.

4. Later this year, I too, will be traveling in Sweden. It has been some time since my last visit; I can clearly remember expensive prices at bars. But I did not purchase very much beer at Systembolaget, other than a few cans of Pripps or other Scandanavian macros. What types of prices can I expect to pay for a 6 pack of craft beer or a bottle of gueuze from Cantillon ?

5. There are no such thing as 6 packs at the Systembolaget. There was no Cantillon when I went and no Cantillon in the Systembolaget registry (you can check online as well too). I think Cantillon or 3F is released occasionally.