1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Ananke Release

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by kspongeworthy, Apr 7, 2012.

1. kspongeworthy

kspongeworthy Member

Plenty of cases left. Probably over 40 of them. Ananke is a nice wild, but damnit this Manny Dijo on tap is the shit! Think of Consecration with some bourbon notes.
  2. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Member

It's delicious!
  3. nate8767

nate8767 Member

Did you have it from one of the bottles or on tap? I'm eager to tear into some of these bottles, but I don't want to pass up any while it's still on draft there.
  4. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Member

We cracked a bottle, but they did have some on draft.
  5. RandomName7

RandomName7 Member

I doubt there was near 40 cases left, there were only 65 to begin with, and I'm positive they sold more than 25 considering the majority of the people I saw were buying by the case, and then going back and buying more O_O. From what I saw of the stack there was maybe 15-20 left. (They had out lots of cases of their other beers)

As to your other statement. I thought Manny Dijo was great. Hope they bottle it.
  6. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

I just read the label and apparently this batch was brewed on my birthday. Awesome!
  7. kspongeworthy

kspongeworthy Member

After the initial line of people that were buying Ananke as soon as it was being sold, there really weren't too many folks buying it at a steady pace. At around 12:30 I eyeballed the stacks of white boxes where they were pulling Anankes from, I figured there were at least thirty (I rounded up to 40). But I could be wrong. Bottom line though, it's a very nice sour that I'm enjoying at the moment. Cheers to all!
  8. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

Good times had by all. Not me of course. La Quinta is currently sitting on a trash bag of blended Rare, Kate, and Chocolate Rain for me. Will see you guys next time.

My apologies to the guy that wanted to have a serious Black Tuesday conversation w/ me.
    Texasfan549 likes this.
  9. jamescain

jamescain Member

They're infected like the last batch ;)
    Texasfan549 and jl28r1 like this.
  10. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

I may have missed something, but was/is this available in Houston?
  11. kspongeworthy

kspongeworthy Member

I've got some available in Houston! But as far as purchasing, only at the San Antonio brewpub.
  12. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Member

SOB! Thanks for the info
  13. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

When will those guys learn.
  14. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Member

I called about 1,30PM today, and they said they had about 30 cases left, though a twitter post said it was about 15. 130$ for a case, I was going to go get one this weekend, unless some of you assholes beat me to it, then I'll have to shake some knuckles...
  15. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

Me an asshole? Never!
  16. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Member

Just noticed the avatar was switched to Ric Flair; classy move.
  17. miikezombie

miikezombie Member

Cleaning up my image.