1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anchor Steam Beer now available on all Virgin America flights

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Todd, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Virgin America Gains Steam in the Air

(August 15, 2012) "Steam" was once a nickname for beer created during the Gold Rush era when the foggy night air cooled the fermenting beer on San Francisco's rooftops. Now our trademark brand, Anchor Steam® Beer will literally be flying high above the skies of San Francisco and around the country.

We are proud to announce that starting on Aug. 14th, Virgin America will be carrying Anchor Steam Beer on all flights. Now fans of craft beer can enjoy our flagship brew at 35,000 feet. The rich, distinctive flavor of Anchor Steam Beer will complement an airline menu named “Best in the U.S.” by Travel + Leisure Magazine.

Voted “Best Domestic Airline” for four years in a row by readers of Condé Nast Traveler, Virgin America is based just outside of San Francisco, CA making them our hometown airline. The launch of this partnership coincides with Virgin America’s latest expansion as the first airline to fly directly from San Francisco into Reagan National Airport (DCA). To learn more about the launch, read Virgin America’s press release here or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest Anchor Brewing news!

http://www.anchorbrewing.com/connect/news/69

###

Inchay, benart and pixieskid like this.
  2. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

Brew Free or Die! and Anchor Steam...next time I go to SF, will strongly consider flying with them...

3. Now I just might be tempted to shell out $7.50 (or whatever they are charging) for a 12-ounce bottle of beer during a cross-continental flight. Previously, it had been easy for me to not drink beer while flying because my options usually have been BMC, Beck's, Heineken, and Corona. Anyway, while it may not be good for my wallet, it is nice seeing good beer offered in more and more locations.

4. dhartogs

dhartogs Savant (350) Virginia Apr 29, 2010

DirectTV on their flights plus Anchor Steam, time a flight with a football game, bring some peanuts onboard with you, enjoy some good beers, watching the live sporting events, and next thing you know you have flown across the country, can't think of a better domestic flying experience, (joining the mile-high club aside)

5. Great choice.

6. Though I'm not one for drinking on airplanes, this is great to see.

7. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

http://www.virginamerica.com/vx/fees/
    scroll down to amenities. for prices.

8. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I was amazed that Acela Express in the Northeast had DFH 90-Minute IPA in their bar car last time I rode.

9. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Ha. How cool. I'd have to take a Virgin America flight to enjoy it. There are no Anchor beers in town anymore.:(