1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anderson Valley Heelch O'Hops

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tonyseleski, Jan 8, 2013.

1. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (780) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

They are different beers, different recipes. I wasn't crazy about Imperial IPA and definitely prefer Heelch O'Hops. Neither are really mind blowers, IMO, but Heelch O'Hops was enjoyable.

2. Hey thanks for the info. I'm taking home a 4pack of the Heelch O'Hops tonight. Guess we'll see.

Cheers.

3. Hi Tony, thanks for you question. Heelch O' Hops is a different recipe than the Imperial IPA. We modified a good portion of the malt bill to create a drier finish as well as increasing some late kettle/dry hop additions for a more hop-forward nose. Hope you enjoy it!

Steve Miller aka Steinber Kimmie

4. Steve,

Has Imperial IPA been replaced,like the OP thought might be the case? I hope not, because I love that beer!

5. Yes the IIPA is no longer produced, but we hope you can learn to love our Heelch!

6. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

What a weird name for a beer. You guys are weird.

7. I wouldn't know as I stopped purchasing any Anderson Valley beer after they sent a cease and desist letter to Fremont Brewing over Summer Solstice Ale.

8. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. The description sounds like it will be awesome. At least now, I can quit looking for the Imperial IPA. Really appreciate you expanding to Georgia, and the quick reply.

9. We'll take that as a compliment ;) Actually, most of our beer names are from our local dialect called "Boontling"...we're working to keep it alive. Check out the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boontling

afrokaze likes this.