1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anheuser-Busch canning water for Sandy relief

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by mikeburd1128, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egrace84

egrace84 Champion (845) Illinois Mar 25, 2012

Love em or hate em, nobody should have anything negative to say about AB on this particular topic.

albertq17 likes this.
  2. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Advocate (500) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Props to the big boys for doing good when they have the power to do so for those in need. Now for the joke, when's the Platinum version coming out? Memo to Perrier, how about a saison in 2013?

3. Hey guys. I've actually got this on tap in my kitchen right now. It's pretty solid.

4. LostTraveler

LostTraveler Savant (375) Maine Oct 28, 2011

Bud Platinum Ultra Light its quadruple filtered to get rid of all the taste, but its in a can so you can take it golfing and its quite thirst quenching.

5. scud

scud Savant (335) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

Also saw this on the chive
    [​IMG]

6. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Savant (355) Virginia Jun 21, 2009

I am wondering what happens when an affected BA who has boycotted all BMC products receives this aid. Deny your family water, or sell out? Decisions Decisions.

7. Well, I cant speak for other beer blogs, but I'm just some asshole from Jersey who saw it somewhere else and didn't see it here. Cheers, bud.

albertq17, tolar111 and tewaris like this.
  8. Norica

Norica Savant (315) Massachusetts Feb 2, 2006

Rumor has it they're going to make a movie about it...GI Sofie's Choice.

mikeburd1128 likes this.
  9. If ever you needed a definitive answer to the question: which is more expensive to use, cans or bottles, you now have the answer. If bottles were cheaper, AB would be bottling water for Sandy relief.

10. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Yeah, all jokes aside, It is good that AB comes in and helps for situations like this. Its funny to poke at their beer being close to water, but they are helping a huge amount of people by doing this.

ditka311 and JimKal like this.
  11. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

I also agree with this.. "AB helped during a disaster, lets help them in return." Theres plenty of people that do anonymous donations so people won't think they do it to benefit themselves, maybe AB sees this as an opportunity for cheap ass hell marketing..

12. All you people making jokes or ridiculing AB for this are pathetic.

ditka311 and albertq17 like this.
  13. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Get used to it. There are some folks so twisted with delusional armchair revolutionary zeal, that were ABI to cure Lung Cancer and Breast Cancer they would complain they didn't also cure Pancreatic cancer, and would not take the treatments themselves to protest that Bud hogs shelfspace.

ABI is low hanging fruit for those whose main exercise is raising glass to mouth. I bet not one, NOT A SINGLE ONE, of these "boycott ABI people" ever protested anything really important in their lives. I bet not one of them missed a day of work to join the Occupiers, nor any other real protest against actual corporate/other illegalities.

Kudo's to ABI for this help when help is needed, and to all the craft brewers out there who did the same.

ditka311, albertq17, atone315 and 2 others like this.
  14. They are ABI's own Press Releases - Anheuser-Busch Producing More Than One Million Cans of Emergency Drinking Water for Areas Affected by Hurricane Sandy (from AB's website's News Release section) - and I've been reading about similar donations during emergencies for decades, as noted in the PR itself:

15. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Savant (325) Iowa Aug 15, 2012

Time to sell my stock in "yellow food color #5".

16. That's awesome of them to do. Kudos to them, I really like to see big corps doing things like this.

With that said.. i'm still cracking up at some of the jokes! A+ some of you! Some others.. work on your jokes

17. I wonder why they are canning water in GA to ship to NJ. They could can it in Newark.

18. a genuine cheers to AB, and a decent chuckle of a thread.

19. KentT

KentT Aficionado (215) Tennessee Oct 15, 2008

Anheuser-Busch has a long tradition of bottling and canning water during disasters. And I am glad that AB/InBev is continuing that tradition. It is great community relations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.