1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Anniversary Party on April 28th/Release of Double Huma whos going?

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by GoldenChild, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Whos going?

1. I will be there.

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. I won't be there.

11 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. I might be there.

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I wish I could be there.

27 vote(s)
    32.1%
  5. I hate everyone that will be there.

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (535) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

You're missing the better event man.

2. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

You made my heart stop for a second by saying Bourbon Huma.. I've been craving that ever since I had it a few months back at Forans in Detroit. It was outstanding. Wish they had it in the line-up!

3. steebo777

Bourbon Huma at Summer Beer Fest last year completely blew my mind. It was a shell of it's former self at Forans if that means anything.

4. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (465) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

That is a tall order.

I was pretty disappointed Short's never brought it to Ashley's Throwdown. I wish they'd get that in a damn bottle. Next time its on the tap list I might venture up there, it was amazing.

5. dblab33

dblab33 Savant (345) Michigan Dec 9, 2011

So.... anyone going to be in/around Traverse City on 04/27? We are staying somewhat near Right Brain... Park Place or something like that. Not sure what we are doing yet. I'm trying to figure out if I should bring plenty of tasty bottles or what.

6. One more week, i'm pretty excited, this will be my first trip up to shorts. Im taking the old man we're stopping in Elk Rapids at Pearl's for brunch.

GoldenChild likes this.
  7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

any of my troll friends going to this even interested in grabbing a bottle of Double Huma for me? I'll make it worth your while with SOMETHING, BCBS or BA Plead or something. BM me, please!

trginter likes this.
  8. elephantrider

elephantrider Savant (265) Michigan Mar 25, 2011

Me and the wife will be there around 2. Likely to miss out on bottles but should be a blast nonetheless!!

9. psykosis

psykosis Savant (320) Indiana May 21, 2009

I live near TC. Don't know if I'll be free on the 27th, but if i am, I'd love to catch up.

10. trginter

trginter Savant (340) Michigan Dec 1, 2008

BA Pt5? Deal

11. How early are people planning on lining up?? Will all the special bottles be available at 1PM and will you be able to purchase them to go?

12. steebo777

The only bottles available to buy at 1pm are Aww Jeah. I'll probably get there a little after 1pm as there's no reason to get there before then.

13. GoldenChild

GoldenChild Savant (330) Michigan Nov 18, 2009

Im planning on being there right around 1pm. Then im going to leave and come back around 5ish to drink some brews on tap and eat with friends and family.

14. cool, thanks guys.

15. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

Any idea how long these will last? I am speaking at a conference in TC so might try to convince the wife to drive over.

16. trginter

Is aww Jeah the only bottles they are selling to take home?

17. loki993

loki993 Aficionado (240) Michigan Apr 16, 2009

So Im assuming that if you don't make the party there is no chance of getting any bottles right? Id love to go but its just not financially feasible this weekend Im afraid

18. abraxel

abraxel Savant (385) Michigan Aug 28, 2009

Edit: Oops, looks like the poster is too big to embed cleanly. There's a tap and bottle list here.

I'm guessing you can probably buy either single bottles to drink or six packs to take home.

19. trginter

20. psykosis

really looking forward to AJ and Huma X. Dunno if I'll make it over though now. Wife will be coming home from the hospital around that time, and she obviously takes precedence. However, I may be free friday night if anyone wants to put together a tasting the night before.

21. decadance

decadance Savant (385) Texas Mar 14, 2010

So, big favor folks, for which I will pay in beer and gas money. Is there any chance someone driving up from the Kalamazoo region would be willing to let me hitch a ride back Sunday? My car is in ill-repair, and while I have a ride up (likely) from my PA friends, Kalamazoo is out of their way for the return trip. Would be a big help gentlemen, and much appreciated.

22. trginter

I would but we're leaving SaturdAy after we get the aww jeah

23. decadance

decadance Savant (385) Texas Mar 14, 2010

Not staying for the party?

24. trginter

I've got a damn bachelor party that they sprung on me for Saturday night. We're staying Friday night, picking up some AJ at 1:00 and staying for a flight or four. Probably leaving around 3:00.

25. psykosis

Party doesn't start until 3:00. they are just selling the AJ starting at 1:00. :/

26. trginter

Yeah, its going to be a fast flight

27. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

If anyone in the Detroit area is bring back some AJ and is looking to trade, shoot me a BM. I've got a couple of goodies sitting around here and I'm making a trek to Minnesota in a couple of weeks and could pick you up something.
    Thanks.

28. sarro

sarro Savant (345) Michigan May 12, 2009

Leaving from Ann Arbor tomorrow morning instead of today now. Can't wait though

29. trginter

Anything fun going on tonight in Bellaire?

30. Yes, drinking at the pub! If you don't mind traveling a bit, the after party for the Short's to Short's paddle is open to the public. Lots of fun to be had. I'm currently on a boat in the middle of Torch Lake helping with the event. Beautiful day out here.

31. trginter

is the after party in Bellaire or Elk Rapids? Eric and Kevin and I are driving up today.

32. What is the cost going to be for the Aww Jeah and Huma X? Limits?

33. trginter

$60 a case for AJ. From their FB...

34. Elk Rapids is where the after party is.

35. trginter

At the bar now. Woot!

GoldenChild likes this.
  36. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (365) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Man, I'd honestly take this party over DLD any day. Have fun everyone

GoldenChild likes this.
  37. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

AwwJeah! The time is upon all you Michigander's, Hoosiers, FIB's, Akronites, and Sconnies travelling to Bellaire! Yeeees! Everyone have fun, it sounds like a freaking fantastic event. And if the weather is anything like it is today on the Keweenaw, it's a perfect spring day for some beer drinking in Northern Michigan!
    Edit: Oh yah and be safe!

GoldenChild likes this.
  38. Jose2412

Jose2412 Aficionado (240) Michigan Feb 25, 2012

Enroute from the UP!

39. NSaad23

NSaad23 Aficionado (200) Michigan Dec 13, 2011

I wish I was heading up there today.

40. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

Is the pub open for lunch?