1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Another cellar clearing

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Sarlacc83, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

To my fellow Portlanders,

I need to clear more space out of the cellar/drink some beer before it declines. If people are interested, I'd be willing to host this at my house on May 4th or 5th (which means I'd want to limit it to less than 15 people. 10-12 would be ideal.)

Post here if you'd like to partake. (Figure you won't need to bring any beer or 1 bottle max. If you want to cellar clear as a joint "host", let me know.) Let me know what day works best (I'm thinking Saturday the 5th around 1).

Edit: A tentative list of beers I'd like to open

Alesmith Decadance 2010
    Block 15 Figgy Pudding 2010/2011
    Great Divide BA Old Ruffian
    Jester King Black Metal
    Lost Abbey Veritas 009
    Marin Old Dipsea - Bourbon Barrel '09
    Upland Dantalion, Persimmon, Strawberry Lambic

Others possible.

Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AglQ-1am-2oqdFFMYVZnNUZndGtsWTdqbHR4Y3czd1E

2. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Thanks for the invite!

Aside from my liver, I'll bring the following:
    GI BCBVS
    Snacks!

3. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (725) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

I'm game

4. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (285) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Sounds great! I can bring some meats and cheeses. Keep us updated.

5. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead Savant (350) Oregon Oct 23, 2009

I'm in! Thanks for putting this on/hosting!

6. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

Sounds like a great time. I can bring a bottle of 2012 Hunahpu and some cheese or other various snacks.

7. boralyl

boralyl Savant (325) Oregon Apr 17, 2008

Count me in! I"ll gladly pull out something from my cellar and/or some snacks.

8. Sarlacc83

Have 6 people in here, and 3 of you on the spreadsheet. Don't forget to add your name to the above link.

9. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (475) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

Are you serving Marionberry pancakes?

10. Sarlacc83

6 people on the list, so there's still room for more.Though I suppose if there are only 6 or 7 people, it'll be more beer for the people who do show.

Also, the week before, I'll be sending the people in this thread my address, so if you'd like to come, but don't want to publicly declare it (maybe you're ashamed of your love of free beer.), send me a message

11. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

Count me in as well. I may be out of town but will certainly let you know. Will bring a bottle of Black Tuesday or BA Blackout. Feel free to check my gots page and see if there is anything you guys have been wanting to try, maybe I can bring it to the event. Cheers!

-Andy-

12. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I personally like how your cellar cleanings just turn into bottle shares. I expect minimal cleanage to occur haha

barleywinefiend and Mahlik like this.
  13. Sarlacc83

Last time I cellar cleared, I took out 9 or 10 of the 14 or 15 bottles I brought. And believe me, there'll be rules about bottle opening at my house. ;)

14. boralyl

boralyl Savant (325) Oregon Apr 17, 2008

I didn't realize May 5th was National Homebrew Day. I'll actually be attending a Big Brew Event, so I won't be able to make the cellar clearing.

15. Sarlacc83

Sorry to hear that.

For everyone else, just a heads up that I made some additions to the spreadsheet, and I'm planning on a 1PM start time unless people want it later.

16. Sarlacc83

An open invitation:

I just sent out an email detailing what's going on Saturday. If you've been on the fence about heading over for this cellar clearing, please send me a conversation so I can get you the information.

For the rest of you, I'd like most of the information to go in the conversation for easy access.