1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any BAs heading to Bonnaroo?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Lansman, May 30, 2012.

1. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Driving down from Chicago for Bonnaroo next week and staying at the KOA Manchester next to Bonnaroo, which affords the opportunity to bring glass bottles with impunity. We were thinking if there were enough people to try and get a bottle share together before the acts get interesting (Thursday night?). Just curious if there were enough BAs to get something interesting together. Any interest?
  2. I'm going, but there's more than a 90% chance that I would flake on you. You can try to BM me when you get out there, but I can't promise anything. I'll be staying in an RV on site, so who knows where I'll be or what I'll be doing. If I were staying at the KOA, I would definitely meet up with you at some point. But BM me when you get there, and if I'm up to it and it's not too much hassle, I'll try to make it over to you.

Cheers,
    Taylor
  3. Not camping in Bonnaroo? You're missing half the fun:( Pro tip: just have the top layer of your cooler cans and hide your bottles underneath.
  4. jln83

jln83 Zealot (85) Illinois Mar 6, 2012

i am heading down! not sure what beers to try out while down there... suggestions please?
  5. Wife and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon for our 7th Roooo. Would love to meet up and pop some goodies. I have a cellar full of goodness that I would love too match up & share especially on thursday as not a whole lot going on music wise.
  6. Just head near Centeroo where the Broo'ers fest is kickin! Something like 35 different brewerys are pouring several beers each. Obviously one of my favorite attractions at Bonnaroo. Hope too see ya at the bar!!
  7. jbrana

jbrana Aficionado (105) Tennessee Mar 7, 2012

I wont be able to make it to Bonnaroo, but if anyone is cutting through Nashville and wants to do an IP trade, I'd be down. Let me know.
  8. What jah lookin for? What goodies do you have?
  9. I'll be heading from Minneapolis. Planning on bringing canned goodies only. I've brought bottles to festivals in the past, and even though I have succeeded without getting caught, I guess I'm just lazy and this is my first bonnaroo so I don't want to take any risks. I plan to bring plenty of Surly's, Tallgrass, and Avery cans. Will probably purchase some Oskar Blues and Yeungling when I get nearby too. People can bm me if they want to exchange numbers on here and we can try to meet up. There is also a chance I might flake, my phone might die, or I might not be in the right mindset to even try to meet up at such a huge festival. I'm down to meet with some people at the broo'ers tent though for a beer though!
  10. jbrana

jbrana Aficionado (105) Tennessee Mar 7, 2012

PM'ed ya
  11. adam42381

adam42381 Advocate (535) Florida Oct 10, 2005

The wife and I are going, but we'll be carrying mostly BMC crap since we'll be drinking large quantities. We'll definitely be hitting the Broo'ers tent though.
  12. planbee

planbee Savant (365) North Carolina May 28, 2009

Will be there. My 8th Bonnaroo doing press and photo. Brooers tent is a priority for me...usually try to hit it on Thursday before it gets too crazy and before I get too busy. I'll be stopping at the Appalachian Vintner tomorrow to grab tons of cans. I would love to trade for Heady Topper if anyone is coming from up north...that would be about the only thing that would be worth the hassle of meeting up, for me. :) Have fun everyone, and be careful out there...
  13. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Going to reignite this thread to see if there is anyone going to Bonnaroo this year - only seven days to go!

We're doing the KOA Manchester stay again so glass bottles aren't an issue. If there is any interest in a bottle share or if anyone is looking for anything from the Chicagoland area, let me know!

(Also, if anyone is coming down from Minnesota and would be willing to bring along some Surly goodness, I have some fresh Heady Topper if you have some extra Abrasive lying around...)
  14. I'll be there, but I'll be camping on site. Really wish I could have scored some Heady to take in there!