Any BAs in Barcelona?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by DenverBeerDrinker, Sep 16, 2012.

1. I'm going to be in Barcelona for a few days starting Friday morning. I'm live in CO. Anyone looking for any beers from here?

2. How was your trip to Barcelona? Any highlights on advice for someone going in two weeks?

3. Got back last night. Had a fantastic time. Music festival going on while we were there. Concerts would start at 10am and go until around 2am (had stages set up all over old Barcelona).

As far as shops and bars:

Bar and shop: la cerveteca was great. Went a couple of times. Had about 8-9 taps that were different each time I went in over the course of a couple days. Always seemed to be busy and friendly crowd. Had probably the best selection of Belgian beers like Cantillion and 3F out of the places I went but were a bit higher in price. Not much in the way of American beers to drink. Also had a couple of coolers that you could buy a bottle and drink there.

Shop: The guys at La Maidon Belge (www.lamaisonbelge.com/ ) were great. Had a nice selection of beers. Bought Westy 12 and 8 and they also had quite a few others that I picked up. Didn't have any 750ml of Cantillion and only had 1 or 2 kinds in the 375ml bottles. With the beers I picked out the guy ended up giving me a couple different bottles. One was a bottle of Stuise Pannepot.

I ended up going to The Beer Shop (actual name of the place) and didn't end up buying anything. It had a few more American beer that if I was here I might have bought if I found them on the shelf but was mainly looking for Belgian myself.

Tried to go to Ale & Hop but they were closed both times I went even though I was there about an hour after their posted (facebook page) hours said they opened. Might have been because of the festival but seemed odd that a bar would be closed during a festival.

tacosandbeer likes this.