1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any BAs in the Fox Valley (WI)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by adamcarlson28, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I'm looking for a group of BAs with an existing tasting group, or lone wolves looking to join an existing one. Also looking for area IP trade partners. Cheers!

2. Drew26

Drew26 Savant (330) Wisconsin Nov 2, 2012

I'm in Neenah. No current group, but would be interested in joining one. Also interested in IP trades, but no big whales in the cellar...mostly locals, though have some prior years CW stuff.

3. I am located in Appleton. There is no group that I am aware of.

4. Oshy

Oshy Aspirant (45) Wisconsin Oct 9, 2012

I am in Oshkosh and do not really have a tasting group. Would also be open for trades but I really don't have much that anyone else in the area can't already get.

5. I live in Oshkosh too...

6. Oshy

sweet! I am in the town of algoma near festival. Where about are you?

7. I love downtown but my gf lives off Leonard point rd right over there u should BM your name

8. I'm a UWO alum (living in Appleton, Green Bay, and Oshkosh at times); there are some decent places in the Fox Valley as a go to for BCBS, CW Bourbon Barrel Series and like items.... I miss the times when I did not have to rush out to find certain beers upon their release date.

9. It seems that there is no group in the area. How much interest is there in starting a group? Not sure on the logistics of When? Where? etc.

I keep a decent stock of beer in my fridge but nothing ultra rare, but I do bring beer back from my work travels to Chicago and Minnesota that are not available locally. And I am always interested in trying something that is good but I have skipped over for one reason or another.

10. Pottse

Pottse Zealot (75) Wisconsin Dec 13, 2012

Oshkosh representing! Seems like there is both interest and a need to get something together. Let's drink and talk beer. I'm in!

adamcarlson28 likes this.
  11. Oshy

OMG! Nice Avatar, Fridge o' Enigma :eek: So that's where it all went.

Anyway, yeah I'm in

12. Pottse

Pottse Zealot (75) Wisconsin Dec 13, 2012

Ha - the day Festival got it in, I nearly wiped them out. Did leave 2 4-pks for some other lucky person.

adamcarlson28 likes this.
  13. lets drink some WHALES BRAH

14. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

wait, are there two Algoma's?

Green Bay here

15. Oshy

16. I live on campus at UW-Green Bay :p

17. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

so there are two Algoma's

Wisconsin will never cease to amaze me

18. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (855) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

I'll be in Appleton this Sunday. Anyone have any bottle shops to recommend as I might as well do my weekly beer run while I'm in town? And anyone interested in trading?

19. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Hey if you guys ever do get a group started, put my name on the list. I won't be able to attend tastings during the summer due to my business, but I wouldn't mind keeping up with ya'll, and in the winter if you have tastings I'd be happy to cruise down from the Yoop. Cheers!

20. The bottle shops in Appleton are rather weak, Woodman's is probably the best. There is also Flanagan's (Be careful they do not seem to remove old beer), and there is a decent bottle shop Corks N Caps. If you make it to Green Bay Ridgeview Liquor is worth checking out. They allow you buy any of there stock by the bottle.

21. When are you available in April...strongly considering putting a larger event together in Oshkosh.

22. greg357

greg357 Aficionado (100) Wisconsin Jun 18, 2010

Hey All:
    Another Neenah BA reporting in. Lost my one craft beer-enjoying buddy last year whan she moved down to Savannah late last year (It was a BIG loss - she wrote for a cigar magazine and ALWAYS had good smokes, too! :(). Wouldn't mind help organizing and supplying for get-togethers around here. My one WALEZ is a bottle of KH that I would like to crack open soon, but otherwise open to anything interesting, and my wife travels down to Chicago and to the Cities a bit, so I try to always have some Surly in the fridge, plus now a GA connection. Also like to have a good bottle of Scotch and/or Bourbon around. And my wife only likes an occasional Corona (or worse, Corona Light...), so she makes a good designated driver....
    gg