1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any Boston/MA BAs headed up to the Cannery this weekend?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Fluke828, Mar 1, 2012.

1. My Roommate was supposed to bring back a case or two of some Heady Topper today but he wasn't able to. I'm wondering if anyone from the Metro area/South Shore/North Shore/ Metro West, anywhere really, is headed up that way this weekend and could do me a favor if at all possible.

I would love to get a case but would also be willing to just split a case with someone. I would make it more than worth your while financially and could toss in a few nice beers to sweeten the deal. I am going to be in Michigan the following weekend and could definitely bring back some tasty brews that we don't see around these parts if there is any interest.

2. I'll piggyback on this somewhat: if any northern New England BAs are going by the cannery this weekend and going to Kate day, I can get the Topper back to Boston for Fluke. I'd just like to get in on the haul, is all :D

3. I'm going to Kate day and going to the cannery next week (I'll be up there wed-fri) ... I live in Worcester ... any interest?

4. Always an interest. However, ideally I was hoping to score some HT before I leave on Thursday of next week to bring out to some buddies in the Midwest who aren't on BA (yet). I appreciate the offer though.

5. funkel81

funkel81 Savant (420) California Jan 23, 2011

how about a black ops?

7. very funny Will

8. JmBrkr

JmBrkr Aficionado (130) Vermont Aug 18, 2009

So... I'm a Vermonter with easy access to HT, but I must ask (before I even look any further) Kate Day?

9. Portsmouth Brewery in NH is releasing their annual Imperial Stout, Kate the Great, this Monday (3/5). It's one of, if not the largest anticipated beer releases in New England every year, and there's usually some pretty awesome fanfare.

10. funkel81

and always tons of controversy.

11. i'm stopping by the cannery tomorrow, send me a PM if you'd like to arrange something. i live west of boston.

12. You mean like who gets to ride shotgun on the way up?

13. funkel81

exactly

14. Shooting you a message right now man. I can meet up with you this weekend and would be willing to toss you some good stuff. Lets make it happen.

15. Anyone able to pick up extra cans for me too? A NH BA was supposed to go to the cannery to get me 2 cases but havent seen or heard from him since. I'm in coolidge corner. Or I'd like to take the trip up. Gas money, great company, and great beer!
    Cheers,
    Drew

16. bobv

bobv Advocate (515) Vermont Feb 3, 2009

Will be @ Portsmouth Brewery @ 10PM tonight. Can bring fresh (canned 3-1-2012) cases. Call @ work 11-6 today: 802-253-4525.