Any chocolate stout suggestions?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SteelCity75, Feb 5, 2013.

1. mmikey8

mmikey8 Savant (280) California Aug 2, 2012

This!

2. HKUSPC40

HKUSPC40 Savant (300) Washington Aug 28, 2012

Southern Tier Choklat

3. bells double cream stout is good, or FIS

4. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

Is Harpoon Chocolate stout still around? I'm running low on cash but want a good chocolatey stout in a few weeks on my next beer run. I've never had it.

5. US - Brooklyn 'Black Chocolate Stout' , Rogue 'Double Chocolate Stout'

Canadian - Granville Is 'Imperial Chocolate Stout'

6. Hmmm, I might go with the Double Chocolate Stout, just because I know they sell it at my local Kroger, and I know she liked the regular Rogue Chocolate Stout. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the Samuel Smith's, Brooklyn Black and Southern Tier Choklat though, because they all sound great. Thanks for the help, folks!

7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Savant (260) Illinois Apr 4, 2007

Southern Tier Choklat.

8. I'm in a similar position and, while I love Brooklyn chocolate, I'm going to try six points 3 beans this year. Haven't had it yet but I hear great things. CAN'T WAIT!

9. Guy-T

Guy-T Disciple (60) Michigan Jan 21, 2013

Epic Big Bad Baptist!!

denver10 likes this.
  10. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

BCBS is all chocolate and Bourbon.

11. ST Choklat
    Six Point 3Beans
    Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
    Sam Adams Chocolate Bock
    ST Mokah
    Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence
    New Hollands Dragons Milk
    Atwater Decadent Dark Chocolate
    GD Chocolate Yeti
    and uh... Bruery Chocolate Rain.

12. I've never met a chocolate stout I didn't like

13. Rosty

Rosty Aficionado (190) New York Nov 29, 2006

Bruery Chocolate Rain is like riding a chocolate rainbow to chocolate land. Oh and Chelsea Brewing Chocolate Stout.

smonice likes this.
  14. TheGoldsmith

TheGoldsmith Zealot (80) Missouri Jan 20, 2013

I like the Sam Smith's choc, but I feel like maybe it's a fake, anyone know? I have yet to find another beer with that same really chocolatey flavor, and I'm wondering if they achieve that through unnatural means (flavorings, not necessarily inorganic sources). Not that it really matters, it's delicious either way.

15. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

I have to agree, the Rogue Double Chocolate Stout is a chocolate bomb!

16. Angst

Angst Aficionado (225) California Nov 8, 2007

I didn't like the Sam Smith Chocolate Stout at all. Love Sam Smith in general & like chocolate stouts but I agree it had a fake/chemical chocolate taste.

17. Just had a Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout over the weekend for the first time. Wow!! It was like drinking a chocolate shake. Amazing.

CarolinaKevin likes this.
  18. I did. Harpoon Chocolate Stout was one of two drain pours ever for me! The other was SA Triple Bock!

19. Not a stout, but Mogli Imperial Porter from Caldera is outstanding, if you can find it or trade for it.

20. ST Choklat was one of my first chocolate beers, tastes likes a Hershey's bar in liquid beer form.

21. Not a fan of it as well. Had an artificial chocolate smell and taste to me, no resemblance to a beer at all.

22. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (675) Texas Oct 14, 2009

I'm a stout fan in general, but tonight I'm really digging Almanac's Biere de Chocolate. It's like a Belgian chocolate stout with a light smoke note. Freakin' fantastic!

23. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (565) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Awesome, and timely, thread. Just started going after the stouts, tonight I had a FBS and a Wake n' Bake and can see that this is the direction for me to continue in (for the time being at least). I definitely plan on paying more attention to the stout selection at the liquor store this weekend!

stayclean and KevinGordon like this.
  24. Well now, you have the beers we like in my household, and I've got the WnB...just sayin! ;)

25. I'll add to the masses saying Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, despite the conversation regarding no chocolate being added.

26. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

While not a "chocolate stout" - BBPt5 has huge notes of it - amazing. She'll love it.

27. Local bottle shop just had a chocolate beer tasting, I liked Southern Tier Choklat and Samuel Smith's the best. Brooklyn BCS is more imperial stout than chocolate in my opinion.

They also had a small selection of fruity beers that were excellent mixed 1 part fruity to 2 parts chocolate. Specifically I had Fruli in Rogue Double Chocolate and Kasteel Rouge in Choklat. Chocolate covered strawberry/cherry in beer form.

This is my girlfriend's number one favorite beer. It's not clear to me why they haven't released it as a standalone yet.

28. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

...and coconut, and toasted bread, and coffee, and anise, and dark fruit, and on and on...