1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any ex-Northeasterners in Louisiana? Any requests?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by ajay, May 17, 2012.

1. ajay

ajay Aficionado (100) New Jersey Jun 12, 2008

Flying in with 9 friends to New Orleans in early June (my bachelor party). Based on the insane attention I get when I bring Yeungling to Portland, I imagine there might be some demand for Northeastern beers in Louisiana......

Not sure what to ask for in trade - maybe an "in" at Cochon or Boucherie? Can't seem to get a reservation :)
  2. Kwatt99

Kwatt99 Aficionado (155) Louisiana Mar 27, 2010

Wish I could help. Could definitely use some northeastern brews down here. Not much to trade for. You may find some decent brews at Steins Deli in NO. Their inventory count is pretty weak but around here that's normal
  3. ajay

ajay Aficionado (100) New Jersey Jun 12, 2008

Kwatt99.....any good recommendations for bars? I'll take a few of those. Looking for awesome cocktails... (Bar Uncommon, 12 Mile Limit, etc).
  4. Head over to the Avenue Pub, Polly will take good care of you.
    Full bar, so you don't have to stick to beer, but with the selection (especially being ACBW), passing on the taps is just crazy talk!
    http://www.beermenus.com/places/3202-avenue-pub
  5. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010

This may sound crazy, but I think Cochon Butcher is better than Cochon. If you can't get in to Cochon (which seems crazy to me btw), then think about hitting up Butcher.
  6. nolabrew

nolabrew Aficionado (160) Louisiana Apr 20, 2010