1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any Spring/Summer seasonals that you're excited about?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by MammaGoose, Jan 22, 2013.

1. MammaGoose

MammaGoose Aficionado (210) Wyoming Jan 10, 2013

I like seasonals. Being in a beer-limited state (Wyoming), seasonals from the few breweries that distribute to us are a big source of my variety, lol. And I LOVE Spring/Summer, so I'm excited about seeing some warm season centric brews hit the shelf. I've started to see a few...Alaskan Brewing Co's Spring black IPA was pretty solid. And there are less and less winter seasonals around. A few that I'll miss.

In the Winter I love hearty stouts and porters, but I'm typically a hop head in the warmer weather. So IPAs and American Pales are usually what I gravitate towards. Ryes, wheats, and even lagers (I'm trying to expand my lager horizons) are more appealing in the Summer. So I'm looking forward to some seasonals :)

Anything in particular that you're looking forward to?

4balance likes this.
  2. Nectar

Nectar Savant (310) New Jersey Jan 17, 2013

I think im one of the few that gets excited about Aprihop. Probably because the "bar" 100 steps from my front door only has one cradt tap, and its aprihop every spring. Right now its pyramid apricot wheat.... horrible.

Lantern, BB1313, jlenik and 1 other person like this.
  3. The best N. German Pilsner brewed over here- Troegs Sunshine Pils!

SammyJaxxxx and CurtFromHershey like this.
  4. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

Oberon. Summer is not summer without it.

AJDePaul, corbenlee, DanK4 and 3 others like this.
  5. I actually love SN summerfest. There is something about throwing a few of those back after a round of golf that is quintessential summer for me.

Might be my favorite beer, not in terms of flavor, but in terms of enjoyment.

6. I always look forward to Spring/Summer releases from The Bruery, but I really want to try a couple Russian River sours this spring also!

BobbySRCA likes this.
  7. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

Double Trouble. Last year when it came out, Founders wasn't distributing to my neck of the woods yet, so I'm really excited to finally try some Double Trouble. I imagine it won't be horrible :)

Other than that, I just wish some more breweries would make small-format, affordable saisons that don't suck. And summer would be the perfect time to do that. So . . . I'm stiiiiiiiiill waiting.

8. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

Grocery store I was at yesterday still had summerfest as well as tumbler on shelves. And it wasn't discounted. 14.99 per 12 pack. I guess I could just have every seasonal whenever I want at that store lol.

9. Hoptimum
    Mayflower Spring Hop
    Narrangansett Summer Ale
    Jacks Abby has a IPL coming out sometime in march.
    I'm hoping to be able to try nugget nectar without stores selling out to fast.
    Looking forward to drinking more hefs and belgian wits.

4balance and Lantern like this.
  10. Nugget Nectar and Hopslam.

loweball727, hornsup, BMitch and 2 others like this.
  11. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

The one beer I'm looking forward to more than anything is Great Lakes' Alchemy Hour DIPA, which is new and will be released in Feb. I'm also looking fwd to Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger bottles this spring, it's an awesome brew. DFH Aprihop is probably my favorite spring release, it hits the spot every year, except for in 2009 when it was really sour and had no hops. Columbus Summer Teeth is awesome too, one of the best lagers I've ever had. I drank a ton of it last summer. I'm know I'm forgetting a ton..

DStoked and Ri0 like this.
  12. Boulevard's Smokestack Series seasonals and Schlafly's Special Release brews make both those breweries for me.

4balance likes this.
  13. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (310) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

I love Aprihop. Its the beer that introduced me to appreciating IPAs. Can't wait for it to come out this March(?)

14. frogfan

frogfan Savant (370) Texas Sep 4, 2009

Hoptimum
    Double Trouble
    Schlafly AIPA
    Saison--Brett

Lantern likes this.
  15. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (965) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

Looking forward to Ale Asylums Bedlam (Belgian IPA).

16. Bitter brewer
    illumination
    Monarch White

17. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Narragansett Summer Ale
    Anchor Summer Ale
    Whirlwind Wit
    Festina Peche
    HopSun
    Sunshine Pils
    That new Founders Raspberry thing
    Summer Love
    Summetfest
    Session Lager

18. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

Aprihop
    Hoptimum

4balance likes this.
  19. Aren't these winter seasonals?

20. Although its not a seasonal, I look forward to drinking Tank 7 by the case in the Spring/Summer. By far my favorite warm weather beer.

21. ilikebeer03

ilikebeer03 Savant (365) Texas Oct 17, 2012

As a stout fan, I can say I'm excited for KBS (hopefully I'll be able to trade for some. I'm in TX).

22. tolar111

tolar111 Advocate (665) New York Aug 17, 2008

I really enjoy SN Summerfest. I just finished my last one Saturday night.
    I always grab a twelve pack of Genny Bock, love the can. Ugly 70's wallpaper.

23. Sa
    Sam Adams has their spring sampler out, and nn and slam haven't even hit the shelves here yet. Are you going by "spring seasonals" or spring seasonals?? I'm marketed to think they are.

24. 4balance

4balance Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011

SN Hoptimum! Cheers ~

fmccormi likes this.
  25. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

[​IMG]

Dtapeski likes this.
  26. This, plus Hoptimum in May.

fmccormi likes this.
  27. Great Divide's Wolfgang. The doppelbock is a nice change from you typical summer beers. I also really enjoy that beer

denver10 likes this.
  28. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (770) Florida Oct 24, 2010

I, too, love me some Genny Bock. I mean, kinda—love in the way that I love Utica Club, but with a little more self-respect.

29. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Advocate (540) Michigan Dec 16, 2011

[​IMG]

The return of Founders' Rübæus.

Zach136 likes this.
  30. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (580) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

Stone IRS, baby...

31. zstef99

zstef99 Aficionado (185) New York Dec 25, 2008

What's the release date on this one? For some reason I've never seen it on shelves around here in past years, even though we seem to get the rest of the Stone product line.

Tilley4 likes this.
  32. Peak Spring Simcoe. Great session IPA.

33. Victory St. Boisterous. Sadly, it's not getting bottled any longer (or so I am told). This really makes me upset as I loved that beer.

ThirstyFace likes this.
  34. You live in LA? You should be able to track down most of the RR sours that are not super limited around LA.

Shoot me a BM and i can point you in the right direction.

Fight On!

35. Tilley4

Tilley4 Advocate (580) Tennessee Nov 13, 2007

This is a spring release... one of the only big stouts I can think of that is a spring release... love this beer... I always buy loads to cellar...

36. Hockey_Fan

Hockey_Fan Advocate (520) Maryland Jan 13, 2013

Cisco Summer of Lager
    Victory Summer Love

Both are very good and easy to drink, perfect for the summer.

37. manutdfan

manutdfan Initiate (0) Florida May 25, 2012

Hunahpu comes out in march, does that count!

38. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (835) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

April is spring, yes?

[​IMG]

mjshearer1 and fredmugs like this.
  39. rhartogsq

rhartogsq Savant (330) Virginia Jun 18, 2010

I love Founders Dry Hop Pale Ale in Summer and Victory Headwaters.
    Summerbright from Breckenridge does it for me too.

40. Are both Winter releases, not Spring/Summer. Great beers, but not the correct answer to the question.