1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any SW metro drinkers?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by yokken, Mar 2, 2012.

1. yokken

yokken Aficionado (230) Minnesota Feb 27, 2012

Hey all... made an account here a few days ago, just been checkin out the forums, trying not to turn into an alcoholic... I turned 21 a few weeks ago :D (but I already have 50 beers in my log... uh oh)

Just wondering if anyone here is from the SW metro area, like Eden Prairie/Chanhassen/Chaska area. I've noticed there's a lot of people from the cities, where all the good pubs/bars are. Hoping someone here knows of a local gem!

Lately I've been going to School of the Wise in Victoria. They had 2 kegs of Hopslam, I only got one glass of it before it was gone. Funny story, my dad and I went there for dinner and called ahead to make sure they still had Hopslam, about 2 hours before. When we got there, they were out!!! But the waitress had remembered us, and told us she was filling a glass of it as the gas blew off from the end of the keg. Apparently the guy who ordered it didn't want it, so she put saran wrap over the top of the glass and put it in the fridge for us. Almost a full 16oz for free... my dad and I split it. They have Rush River Double Bubble right now, which I really loved. They have a great atmosphere and excellent service. Hope someone else has an experience like this! :)

2. Torgo

Torgo Aficionado (215) Minnesota Dec 19, 2008

I'm in Eden Prairie and as far as really good beer spots go, there's plenty around depending on how far you're willing to drive. However a few suggestions worth checking out:
    Pairings in Mtka-Decent beer selection and also has a restaurant attached where you can bring in beer at no additional fee.
    Four Firkins in St. Louis Park-Probably the best beer selection on this side of town
    Steel Toe in St. Louis Park-Make sure to stop over and get a growler!

3. yokken

yokken Aficionado (230) Minnesota Feb 27, 2012

It seems the Prairie Ale House in EP is reopening in March, I'll definitely go to the opening of that :)