1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Any word on Maine Beer Co. to CT?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by Robtobfest, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Been hearing that in January this would happen. Anyone in the business know if/ when these beers will hit CT shelves??? Thanks.
  2. RMoeNay

RMoeNay Advocate (505) Connecticut Sep 22, 2010

Per their distribution page:
    "Find Our Beer
    Distribution
    Our beer is currently distributed in Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Greater NYC, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, D.C., and Greater Philly."

I can't find any news of them coming to CT, other than these forums

***Edit*** as we all know this doesn't really mean they are not coming, I just can't find anything else on them coming here
  3. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Savant (280) Connecticut Jan 30, 2012

Don't know exact date. Was told January.
  4. They are rounding up all the old bottles of Zoe and Peeper that sit on the here shelves in MA to send to you guys ;)
  5. As always, take any new distribution news heard on these forums with a huge grain of salt. Within the last 6 months, I've heard people here say that the following breweries were going to start distributing here (off the top of my head):

Firestone Walker
    Troegs
    Bear Republic
    Dark Horse
    Avery
    New Belgium
    Shorts

I'm not saying it won't happen, but just remain skeptical
    davey101 likes this.
  6. CTBeerPope

I personally was told by Ted Whitney that Avery was coming back. I've heard rumors about FW and Troegs. The rest I don't ever recall seeing on any forum on here
  7. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Drinx Unlimited rep. who had a lot to do w/ Founder's coming here(and that took some time,and convincing!) told me that they were working on "getting cozy" w/ the people at Dark Horse/Shorts.I am not holding my breath,in fact I'd be surprised if this happened anytime soon.But,if said breweries are here in 2014 or anytime in the future,more power to us!

Another brewery left out here is Great Divide,I hope they come back soon as I have also heard along w/ Avery.

I have never heard about Firestone Walker other than that Two Roads may be contract brewing for them.I for one,have absolutely no interest in contract beers at all.

Dichello/Budweiser rep. told me during the "wait" for BCBS to arrive that they had a "beer guy" in CO. at the GABF to recruit New Belgium to possibly join them.

So w/ Maine Brew.,I am gonna just sit back,relax,crack a cold one and hope I can finally try some Lunch soon.The new D.I.P.A. too!

Cheers Nutmeggers !
    davey101 and ILOVESTOUTS like this.
  8. oh, look, $8 500ml bottles. Yay!

/so over MBC.
  9. Robtobfest

They are pricey but zoe, peeper and lunch on mug club night sounds fantastic
  10. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

Someday there will be a thread about Maine Beer Co without griping about prices. And someday Congress and the President will all just get along, too.

Seriously, we're dealing in luxuries here, not household necessities. Don't like the price, don't buy.
    Davl22, DaKur and pjl44 like this.
  11. Am I missing something? What do you have against breweries brewing stuff on contract?
  12. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

PM'd you kind sir.
    Didn't want to clog up this thread/go off topic......;)

Cheers
  13. xanok

xanok Savant (395) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Pretty much this. Zoey is a great amber, but most of their beers are average to good and nowhere near justify their price. I don't understand the love affair some have with Lunch IPA either.
    Whatever though, I guess. To each their own.
  14. Robtobfest

They make great beers we are all just spoiled and if it doesnt " blow your mind" its not worth it. Fucking craziness. Sometimes I find myself falling into that too then i remember how hard it is to brew a beer that tastes a great as zoe, or peeper etc.... we all need to realize how lucky we are and stop bitching.
    smutty33 likes this.
  15. CTBeerPope

If I cared about how much the beer I like cost I'd be drinking Steel Reserve.
    smutty33 and Pando like this.
  16. Robtobfest

Thank you!!!
  17. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Damn 1%ers.
    Bizoneill likes this.
  18. but I can get a smuttynose 12pk for the price of two MBC beers.

Like, seriously.
    gpcollen1, davey101 and Patrick like this.
  19. Robtobfest

Smutty ipa is phenomonal.....great value for sure. Point is we choose to enjoy craft beer. Its a luxury. You wanna play you gotta pay....as they say.
  20. You just agreed with Shogo that you can get a great beer at a fraction of the price. You can enioy all the craft beer you want without the added cost of saving gorillas and cute bottles.
    woosterbill likes this.
  21. Robtobfest

I like variety...shoot me.
  22. I like Gorillas.
  23. I spotted Breckenridge this week
  24. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

C'mon man, you seem like you work at a contract brewery.Anyone who know anything about craft beew KNOWS that contract brew is'nt the same as the said Brewery doing it themselves.You cant come up with any valid excuses to support that its the same.Its just pain and simple not the same beer....CHEERS
  25. CTBeerPope

First MBC hit distro today. Mean Old Tom. Should be in stores very very soon!!! Haters need not respond lol
    Robtobfest, bootdown21 and smutty33 like this.
  26. RMoeNay

You mean I can't whine about price? Boo
  27. RMoeNay

And btw it was just announced via their twitter feed, that MBCo will be available in CT.... So, I guess its official.
    smutty33 likes this.
  28. Should be interesting to see if their beer goes the way of Ballast Point - the same bottles just sitting there up on the shelf for over a year after an initial interest.
    ScottieD likes this.
  29. ScottieD

ScottieD Savant (430) Connecticut Jul 30, 2011

Just read that on their site. Excellent news!
  30. gn0sis

gn0sis Savant (290) Massachusetts Dec 17, 2007

But ...don't they inoculate each bottle with 1% rescued gorilla tear extract?
  31. stearns16

stearns16 Savant (265) Connecticut Jan 11, 2010

You mean you don't want "aged" Sculpin?
  32. CTBeerPope

Haha. I'll tell you what, I had LiL One and it was well worth the $9.
  33. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aficionado (245) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

Saw Mean Old Tom all the way down in Fairfield County today ... So it is here. Let the taste vs cost debate in your mind begin ...
  34. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

If that what's right then "Do What's Right". Good beer, awful bromide of a tagline.
  35. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Savant (415) Connecticut Jul 16, 2005

Exactly! Regular beers for not so regular pricing. Good beer yes but not even close to reasonable cost...
    Hautacam likes this.
  36. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

BAMMMM!!!!!!! MBC is now in CT!!!!!!!! This is Manchester wine
    blckout20, smutty33 and marcdalke like this.
  37. Ha, was looking for this thread earlier today. Coastal Wine also has Mean Old Tom as of today, apparently.
  38. You mean like the NY places I frequent? Gonna happen...
  39. I dropped by Amity intending to pick some Mean Old Tom, despite my reservations about the price but the minute I saw how tiny the bottle really was, I decided not to bother. So I grabbed their last bottle of Barrel Aged Bigfoot instead :)
    seplo likes this.
  40. Not to hit you with bad news, but we don't see Lunch enough here in MA, and almost all their stuff goes Out of Stock during any Holiday. Its good stuff, I'm just not sure how their supply is looking as they expand.